Here's a small excerpt, click the link at the bottom for the entire article.

It will make you go blind. It will make your palms grow hairy. Such myths about masturbation are largely a thing of the past. But the latest research has even better news for young men: frequent self-pleasuring could protect against the most common kind of cancer.

A team in Australia led by Graham Giles of The Cancer Council Victoria in Melbourne asked 1079 men with prostate cancer to fill in a questionnaire detailing their sexual habits, and compared their responses with those of 1259 healthy men of the same age. The team concludes that the more men ejaculate between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to develop prostate cancer.

The protective effect is greatest while men are in their twenties: those who had ejaculated more than five times per week in their twenties, for instance, were one-third less likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer later in life.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3942-masturbating-may-protect-against-prostate-cancer.html

I guess The Pit almost has a 0% chance of prostate cancer.

EDIT: I read a different article which has the same subject, but when I searched online I got this older article.
The newer article in NS says that fapping removes the "toxins" which can cause the cancer.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Feb 5, 2009,
Oh, that's weird :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7850666.stm

Men who are more sexually active in their 20s and 30s may run a higher risk of prostate cancer, research suggests.
The Nottingham University study quizzed 800 men on how often they had sex or masturbated.
Those who were most active while younger had more chance of developing cancer later in life.
My Gods, we're possibly the healthiest people on the planet! High-5s all round !
Quote by freedoms_stain
This is old news dude.

Holy shit! Impossible!
I just read it in the newest NewScientist.
Maybe there's an even newer study out?
Oh well, I guess not many people hear know anyway.

EDIT: The newer article in NS says that fapping removes "toxins" which can cause the cancer.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Feb 5, 2009,
so, if my mom ever walks in i can just start shouting "I DON'T WANT CANCER! I DON'T WANT CANCER!"?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Simsimius
Holy shit! Impossible!
I just read it in the newest NewScientist.
Maybe there's an even newer study out?
Oh well, I guess not many people hear know anyway.
The article you linked is dated 2003.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I know!

I think there is some new information as the article I read was talking about how fapping removed certain "toxins" which can cause the cancer.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by freedoms_stain

/Win
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.