Page 1 of 2
Do you have to get positive feedback before you have access to the funds from an item you sell on ebay? For example, I sell something on ebay and the funds go to my paypal account. Does the buyer have to leave positive feedback before I can access this money from my account?
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Feb 5, 2009,
I need to know...I think I might be getting scammed on Ebay and the seller is claiming this. I've never sold anything on ebay, i just buy so I don't know for sure
I can tell you if you give me your account details....

But I don't think that would happen, otherwise everyone would leave negative feedback and get out of paying.

When in doubt of scam, never buy.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
I can tell you if you give me your account details....

But I don't think that would happen, otherwise everyone would leave negative feedback and get out of paying.

When in doubt of scam, never buy.

well the guy claims to have no money to ship the item, and he wants me to leave positive feedback so he can use the money from the item for shipping. I told him no. And he said that I will have to wait until he has the money to ship it to me. What should I do?
Quote by eyebanez333
well the guy claims to have no money to ship the item, and he wants me to leave positive feedback so he can use the money from the item for shipping. I told him no. And he said that I will have to wait until he has the money to ship it to me. What should I do?

Don't leave positive unless you have the item. If you leave positive you won't be able to claim back the money if it is a scam. I'd tell him to ship it as soon as he can but if you don't get the item within two weeks you want a refund of the money. If you don't get item or he refuses etc put in a claim via paypal.

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Quote by entity0009
Have you paid for it yet?

Yes, I paid via paypal. Now he's claiming I need to leave positive feedback for the purchase so that he can access that money to use for shipping.
Quote by eyebanez333
Yes, I paid via paypal. Now he's claiming I need to leave positive feedback for the purchase so that he can access that money to use for shipping.

The guy is talking out of his arse.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
This sounds like bull crap.

Never leave feedback until you have the item, if you leave positive feedback and he doesn't send it won't look good if you start a claim against him.
Quote by eyebanez333

I certainly wouldn't do it. Don't take any chances.
I have a problem. There are no funds in my account to ship this product out. The only way I could do that is if you leave me positive feedback so I can pull the money from paypal and use that to ship it to you. So the sooner you leave feedback, the sooner I can ship. I'm sorry for the inconvenience man and if you have any questions or want to talk in person I can give you my number.

^Thats the 1st email.

well, you're going to have to wait a while until I get the proper funds to ship out the item.

^Thats the second email.
Quote by eyebanez333

This reeks of scam. If you leave positive feedback it could be used as proof that you are happy with the purchase. Even if he doesn't send it you confirmed you were happy with it. Tell him to wait until he has money. And what kind of cheap-ass beggar doesn't have a coupla bucks for shipment?

If he doesn't get back to you, you can make a claim to paypal to get a refund. Also report him to ebay if poss.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Search his email address and 'Name' on Google, see if anything comes up, also.
What is the item? Show us the page and we'll see if it says anything about this.

But no, you send feedback AFTER you get the item. Paypal can't withhold funds because of feedback on an item, that would be working backwards.

Why would he need funds anyway? You have already paid him so he should have money to send it. That is why you pay shipping.
Yeah this is a scam and a poor one at that. Also watch out how long you have till you can't leave feedback. The other thing they will try and do is bull**** you till you run out of time and then you have left no feedback. But I think you can lodge complaints and stuff with ebay even if you have left positive feedback and stuff. It just means you can't hurt their reputation which is the main power you have on ebay. I hate to say it but it sounds like your money is gone. Don't spare his emotions. Don't think by leaving negative feedback he won't send the item to you like he was "planning to". Hurt him and make him build up his reputation again. Look at his feedback as well and see if anyone else has been wise to his scam. Expect to see lots of postive feedback from people who got scamed and probably from fake sales to himself.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
your payment has nothing to do with him shipping...he can still ship it...it's up to him to way till he's been paid. If the money's gone through paypal - tell him to ship. If he doesn't - put in a claim to paypal to have the money returned
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
I'd report that if I was you man. It's definately a scam, also if the money is in his Paypal account, he can pay for shipping and arrange a courier from there, so there's really not much of an excuse for not sending it straight away.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
What?? Shipping costs 10 US dollars. I have more than that down the back of my sofa. SCAM ALERT
🙈 🙉 🙊
Well, checking his feedback there was only this to go by "except for the lack of comunication and slow shipping the sale was good". Just tell him to ship it when he gets the money.
Quote by eyebanez333
Its already went through my paypal...

tell him to ship that ****...give like 2 weeks...if he doesn't, put in a claim...

don't worry man, you have your paypal linked to a credit card right?
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Quote by .:st.anger:.
tell him to ship that ****...give like 2 weeks...if he doesn't, put in a claim...

don't worry man, you have your paypal linked to a credit card right?

yes. what will happen if he is scamming me?
Quote by eyebanez333

Oh, I don't know, wait until he has the money to ship it to you?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism

Well according to everyone else...he has my money already. And is not shipping the item to me.
The new ebay rules are ****...i just sold a guitar on there but the payment is "pending" until either positive feedback is left, or 21 days has passed without any complaints.

There's no way a seller should send the product before they can at least start the transfer of the money from paypal to their bank account, and it's also not fair for the buyer to leave positive feedback before they have received their purchase.

Just make sure you get copies of any emails/communication you have with the person if you need to make any claims.
Quote by Rob E
The new ebay rules are ****...i just sold a guitar on there but the payment is "pending" until either positive feedback is left, or 21 days has passed without any complaints.

There's no way a seller should send the product before they can at least start the transfer of the money from paypal to their bank account, and it's also not fair for the buyer to leave positive feedback before they have received their purchase.

Just make sure you get copies of any emails/communication you have with the person if you need to make any claims.

Paypal says the payment has cleared.
I had a bad feeling about the first email I received thats why I was hoping somebody on here would know. Regardless, I emailed ebay and filed a dispute with paypal. It just doesn't feel right...he has $140+ of my money but can't shipping my item for $10.
Quote by Survivalism

Genius!

He'll never have the money. Will you know otherwise?
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
I opened a paypal dispute, and the guy responded here. So I guess this is good news...but something still seems fishy. He claims to have called paypal, and they told him he needed the positive feedback to access the funds...supposedly this is a new feature between ebay and paypal. However, paypal said that they did not speak with him and that him asking me to post positive feedback without actually receiving the item was reason for concern and not to do it. It just seems strange that $10 shipping can't be covered...even if he doesn't have access to my funds. I can see this being a long drawn-out process.....
You can actually sort the shipping through paypal, so the money does not need to clear in to your bank account before you pay for it, there's absolutely no excuse involving money that should stop him shipping the minute you click pay
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
You can actually sort the shipping through paypal, so the money does not need to clear in to your bank account before you pay for it, there's absolutely no excuse involving money that should stop him shipping the minute you click pay

Thats what I told him. You can print a shipping label from paypal that comes directly out of the money I sent him. I've never sold anything on Paypal but I know that you can do that.
Quote by eyebanez333
Thats what I told him. You can print a shipping label from paypal that comes directly out of the money I sent him. I've never sold anything on Paypal but I know that you can do that.

Unfortunately I think you may be dealing with somebody who really doesn't have the brain power to pull off an Ebay scam, but has had a go anyway. Luckily Paypal are pretty good at getting your money back as long as you notify them quickly

I wrote a list then I deleted it so I'm 2 lazy to write it again.

Nirvana and MCR
Page 1 of 2