I know they say they run on 16ohms but is there a way for them to run them for 8ohms.
Classic 30 heads are the most pointless thing ever. Just get the combo for like $40 more, then you don't need to cart around a cab everywhere.
Yes just plug and play, the head is indenical in every way to the Combo, even down to the silk screening, The combo has a 16 ohm speaker, and with a 16 ohm cab it would be a 8 ohm load. Don't worry about it the head is more than capable of handleing a 8 ohm Cab.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Horlicks
Classic 30 heads are the most pointless thing ever. Just get the combo for like $40 more, then you don't need to cart around a cab everywhere.

I don't think so a combo looks a little funny sitting on top of a 412 cab, plus the speaker that come in the combo is not worth 40 dollars. Also a closed back cab can give a totally different feel that open back cannot do.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
It might be alright, but your tubes won't last very long.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok i got an old 70/80 that is 80 watts and 8ohms and im willing to just use that because money is tight right now.

i got a vox AD50VT that i could use as a cab for now, what would i need to hook up the speaker to the amp.
Quote by Johnbryant
I don't think so a combo looks a little funny sitting on top of a 412 cab, plus the speaker that come in the combo is not worth 40 dollars.

Yeah, but I think not having to cart around a heavy cab everywhere is worth at least $40.
Quote by Johnbryant
Also a closed back cab can give a totally different feel that open back cannot do.

Not really a valid point. If you decide to also buy a cab, the internal speaker is disconnected when you use an external cab. It would sound identical.
yah so does anyone know how to do this then.

im just itching to practice already.

any help would be much much apreciated.
Quote by Horlicks
Yeah, but I think not having to cart around a heavy cab everywhere is worth at least $40.

Not really a valid point. If you decide to also buy a cab, the internal speaker is disconnected when you use an external cab. It would sound identical.

1. To Each his own.
2. The classic 30 speaker works even when the cab is conected to an extrenal speaker jack. Believe I tried this before I bought my C30 head. I was at my LGS and they only had a Classic 30 combo, I wanted to hear what it would sound like on 412 cab, and the combos speaker worked the entire time I was demoing the amp.

TS the head can run an 8 ohm load like I said before it will not damage anything, the amp is made to run it's own speaker which is 16 ohm, and an extention cab at 16 ohm, which would be an 8 ohm load. There is no difference between the combo and the head other than the lack of a speaker, Peavey should have changed the printing on the head to say 8 or 16 ohm becasue thats what it can handle.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
cool in that case ill probly just get a 112 on craigslist.

thanks alot for that info.
Quote by Johnbryant
There is no difference between the combo and the head other than the lack of a speaker, Peavey should have changed the printing on the head to say 8 or 16 ohm becasue thats what it can handle.

I'm pretty sure the manual says so.