Recently it has come to light that the US basically blackmailed the british government into supressing information, threatening to end intelligence sharing if details of the treatment of a british citizen held in guantanamo was released. The government has come under fire for basically letting the US walk all over them.

So pit, do you think that britain should stop being a US lapdog, or do you think it should try and appease the US as much as possible?
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
UK>US

But i would want us to carry on being the Lapdog just incase in a War in all goes to ****
This truly horrified me, firstly that the US judiciary would use 'terrorism' as a weapon against its allies, and secondly that the US judiciary is attempting to effectively overrule British courts.

I say we get out now whilst we're still the 51st state for irony's sake only.
Quote by Chris3235
UK>US

But i would want us to carry on being the Lapdog just incase in a War in all goes to ****

agreed!
Personally, I think the sooner the UK moves away from the US and forms good relationships with the rest of the EU, the better. The EU and US have a lot of common interest, so the EU wouldn't let any member state go to war with the US, it wouldn't serve any purpose.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
How about a link to some actual information before this devovles into another pointless USA-bashing thread? Better yet, how about we just take this to the politics thread where it belongs?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
How about a link to some actual information before this devovles into another pointless USA-bashing thread?

Waaaay too late for that. One reply is all the Pit needs lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by Underoath^
Britain should reclaim america. America just makes sh1t worse.

So if we just didn't come into two war that had nothing to do with us to helped you guys out, you guys would have been fine? Ok, sure we as a country have ****ed up, but so has ever other great nation. Rome ****ed up, Britian fucekd, Greece fucekd up... It was only a matter of time before the USA ****ed up and China will **** up evetually too.

But we did do good things.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Chris3235
UK>US

Did you just suggest America are good at war?
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Quote by Tapping_Ninja
So if we just didn't come into two war that had nothing to do with us to helped you guys out, you guys would have been fine? .

guys this is not about what the US may or may not have done in the past. It's about if in the future britain should try and assert itself more, or if it should appease the USA more.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn