Hey, okay.
I was wondering how many of 'us' are currently broke because of the things we enjoy. No, spending all your money on ps3 games and weed isn't the same. I'm curious as to how many people actually make good with the whole 'I want to be a musician! I can do it on my own! I'm moving to NY and starting a band with Albert Hammond's cousin!' or whatever.

Or, on a similar topic, do any of you run a DIY label or distro? Discussions?
I'm not broke because I spend money on music. It's more like I'm broke because of missing out on the money I could be getting if I chose to travel the beaten path. But I don't care if I'm living off of moldy bread and instant coffee, walking everywhere and have to mooch of people as long as I have a guitar. There's nothing I won't sacrifice for music.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Feb 5, 2009,
Thats why im going to college to major in music theory. Then i can actually afford good gear and maybe make a few albums and have fun.
If i dont make it big i will just gig and have fun.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I've spent over 2000 us dollars on car audio, and about 300 in in home audio. And about 1000 on ugitars and amps and effects.

The vehicle i drive costs 350 bucks, and its what i use to go to work to afford all this stuff. pretty disparate huh?
Quote by drunkinkoala
I'm pretty solid.

You disgust me.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Stereotype.

Stigma is a negative vibe attached to something, like "prostitute". "Starving artists" are a stereotype.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Stereotype.

Stigma is a negative vibe attached to something, like "prostitute". "Starving artists" are a stereotype.

I fit it pretty well. I'm going to be literally homeless in a few months. But hey, what musician worth his salt hasn't gone through a 'living under a bridge' phase? GLASS HALF FULL, GLASS HALF FULL
i have a day job, but i spent most of my money on my car..
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm not broke because I spend money on music. It's more like I'm broke because of missing out on the money I could be getting if I chose to travel the beaten path. But I don't care if I'm living off of moldy bread and instant coffee, walking everywhere and have to mooch of people as long as I have a guitar. There's nothing I won't sacrifice for music.

It's been two years and your avatar STILL looks like a hamburger.

And atm i'm loaded.
I'll go buy a hamburger.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
i'm an artist, but im getting a degree in graphic design (ads) near the detroit area so the job market is looking pretty well for me (i know the car companies are sucking but the ad businesses are thriving). so no, i guess im not
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by SteveHouse
Stereotype.

do you not feel as though 'starving artist' is negative? i really feel as though being STARVING is not a good thing. thanks, though, wikipedia!
I've spent well over $2000 on musical items and I have yet to make any money at all as a musician.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Yes, I fit it. Literally.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I actually AM broke because the weed and the beer
I WISH I was broke because I just bought an awesome electric guitar and equipment.
Quote by GeneralGrim
I fit it pretty well. I'm going to be literally homeless in a few months. But hey, what musician worth his salt hasn't gone through a 'living under a bridge' phase? GLASS HALF FULL, GLASS HALF FULL

maybe cancel your internet bill to save money?