Have any of you had a gig go tits up? I had a gig today at a college fest where we played some RATM, Limp Bizkit and The Bomb Song (Them Clones). Pretty easy songs which we'd nailed at the studio in about a day. The practice jam sessions were off the charts, the songs were amazing.

On stage, the guy doing the sound setup ****ed us over! We started with Take a look around, and half way through the song, the dude mutes the bass and rhythm ( I was on bass). He turns the volume back up and again mutes it during the bass and drums only part. I felt ****ed on stage. Literally like a deer caught in the headlights. One second Im playing, the next Im like, wtf just happened?!?!?!?!

We sorted that out after the song, got everything equalized again, and we played Bulls on Parade. I dont know what the dude was doing, but half way through, he puts in massive delay/reverb on bass. Got completely ****ed again. It was not funny man! Looking stupid on stage is not cool!

Again got everything sorted out and started on the third song. Half way through, insane reverb/delay. I was basically playing triplets on bass and the effects totally jacked my timing. I was again left wondering what the **** I was doing up on stage.

We did one more song which came out all right and then we called it quits. It just sucked! Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you on stage?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

thread seems somewhat familirarrrrr
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Fuck you.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Look out! It's Trollzilla!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
^I just couldn't think of what to say about RATM.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Deadmen
No, this is what ****ed you over.

Yeah... It was us playing Limp Bizkit wasnt it... totally didnt think of that...
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Quote by hitman_47
we played some Limp Bizkit

Found your problem.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by 0RI0N
^I just couldn't think of what to say about RATM.

You can think? That is something... You can even use four letter words... whoa...
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by SteveHouse
Found your problem.

The music was good... I mean come on...
Quote by jpnyc

Worse thing that happened to me was that in a two man song my guitarist and singer's microphone dropped forward and hit him in the face, it got sorted by a stage hand though.
Last edited by aaciseric at Feb 5, 2009,
The guy behind the soundboard prolly thought he could improve your guys by adding a bunch of efx to your playing.

I call this the Nevermind/American Idiot syndrome where the songs are way to overproduced but still sound good.

It may have sucked for you, But maybe the crowd loved it ?
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by hitman_47
You can think? That is something... You can even use four letter words... whoa...

And you can double post.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by aaciseric
Worse think that happened to me was that in a two man song my guitarist and singer's microphone dropped forward and hit him in the face, it got sorted by a stage hand though.

The bass drum! The damn mike fell off its stand during one of the songs! It was lying on the bottom of the drum.
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by 0RI0N
And you can double post.

Thats the best you can do? Youre the lord of evil right... totally shows man...
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by hitman_47
The bass drum! The damn mike fell off its stand during one of the songs! It was lying on the bottom of the drum.

Is that what happened to you or are you trying to predict the rest of my story?
Quote by G-loony
The guy behind the soundboard prolly thought he could improve your guys by adding a bunch of efx to your playing.

I call this the Nevermind/American Idiot syndrome where the songs are way to overproduced but still sound good.

It may have sucked for you, But maybe the crowd loved it ?

The one song that came out right (Killing in the name of) was really good. Even during Take a look around, before all the cockups the crowd was loving it...
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by aaciseric
Is that what happened to you or are you trying to predict the rest of my story?

Unfortunately, that happened...
Quote by jpnyc

Quote by hitman_47

Ironic retort is hilarious.

SHEdit: Quit double-posting. Srsly. There's an edit function for a very good reason.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by hitman_47

You can double post twice in your own thread.....?
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by hitman_47
Unfortunately, that happened...

Well either way you've inspired me to go around and constantly try to finish other people's stories for them, thank you.
Quote by aaciseric
Well either way you've inspired me to go around and constantly try to finish other people's stories for them, thank you.

And then everyone got pissed that you kept finishing their stories for them.

Like that?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa