Ok now im seriously stressed out, when try to plug my cable into my guitar it won stay there, it just keep slipping out.

Tried with 3 diffrent cables, so there is something wrong with the outputjack, i wont keep the guitar cable in.

Any suggestions what to do, starting to cry any minute now
Take the output jack out...there should be a little metal prong in there. Make sure this is making good contact with the cable when its plugged in.
Quote by eyebanez333
Take the output jack out...there should be a little metal prong in there. Make sure this is making good contact with the cable when its plugged in.

It just berarly touches the cable where it should lock, should i push that prong up abit?
Quote by Zapher
It just berarly touches the cable where it should lock, should i push that prong up abit?

Push it inwards towards the center just a tad. Too much and you'll barely be able to get the jack into it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
What type of jack does the guitar have?

The older type all you have to do is remove the jack and bend the piece the clicks into the grove on the jack plug to tighten it back up then just put it back in with the other enclosed type you usually have to replace it.

I think I have both type in my parts box if you need pics.

John
Quote by szekelymihai
also, to avoid that happening, put the cable over the strap pin

Excellent advice. I've done this since my old Ibanez had this issue a couple years back and haven't had to tighten it since. Since it's looped over the strap at the pin, it relieves a great deal of stress normally put on the jack when the wire is allowed to hang freely with all its weight there.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Here is a pic of one I had in my parts box that actually needed to be tightened. Of course you don't have to remove it from the wires to fix it.

Here is a pic of the enclose type jack that you probably will have to replace if it won't hold the jack plug. This one was one that had to be replaced.

Sorry for the blurry pics the batteries in my camera need recharging.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Feb 5, 2009,
Just bend the prong in.

Is that an ESP or Schecter?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Just bend the prong in.

Is that an ESP or Schecter?

Wich one of em, its 2 metal pieces

Its a Schecter, (C1 Hellraiser FR).
Quote by johnro6659
Here is a pic of one I had in my parts box that actually needed to be tightened. Of course you don't have to remove it from the wires to fix it.

Here is a pic of the enclose type jack that you probably will have to replace if it won't hold the jack plug. This one was one that had to be replaced.

Sorry for the blurry pics the batteries in my camera need recharging.

John

Refer to the first set of pictures in that post.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
No success, its just keep popping out no mather how hard i push that one to the cable.
i'd just replace it if bending it isn't working. a new output jack is only like $3, no big deal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Bah now i twisted one of the wires, now im totally ****ed... where am i gonna find a place to solder this.... GAH!
Quote by Zapher
Bah now i twisted one of the wires, now im totally ****ed... where am i gonna find a place to solder this.... GAH!

soldering is super easy, you can do it yourself for like 8 bucks or take it to a shop and have them charge you a boat load for nothing.
Quote by mikeyElite
soldering is super easy, you can do it yourself for like 8 bucks or take it to a shop and have them charge you a boat load for nothing.

So ill just take a soldering iron and put the cables back in their spaces again?
**** sake, brand new guitar.
if it's brand new it's probably still under warranty. if you got it from a local shop or something you could probably take it there and they'll fix it for free.
Quote by mikeyElite
if it's brand new it's probably still under warranty. if you got it from a local shop or something you could probably take it there and they'll fix it for free.

It still got the Lifetime Shecter warranty, but i bought it in the USA and i live in Sweden.
Dont think Shecter got any licensed dealers here.
ahh, that sucks. if you feel comfortable working with a soldering iron i'd just buy a new stereo output jack and reconnect the wires to the appropriate lugs.
Quote by mikeyElite
ahh, that sucks. if you feel comfortable working with a soldering iron i'd just buy a new stereo output jack and reconnect the wires to the appropriate lugs.

Me and my friend are gonna try soldering the old one back in, atleast my cable stays in the slot now...