i'm looking at replacing my cheap practice amp that does not work that well when i get an esp ltd mh-50 in april. the amps i was looking at were the vox ad30vt and the vox 15vt.
i do not know which one to choose so opinion or suggestions are welcome.
i play most stuff like queens of the stone age, metallica, white stripes and seasick steve.
What do you want the amp for? Gigging? Apartment personal use? Practice?

We can't give you a whole lot of information unless we know.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
What do you want the amp for? Gigging? Apartment personal use? Practice?

We can't give you a whole lot of information unless we know.

+1

but, i own the AD30VT and i love it. it can get VERY loud for a 30 watt and it doesn't sound bad at all. I love the many different effects it comes with and the writable programs. It's a very fun amp to mess around with different tones...
it's for bedroom practice mostly for me to get good as i'm pretty crap since i never stuck with it when i started off
Quote by sam32708
Uhhh if i were you id probally go line 6 on this...

That's never good advice unless you absolutely cannot afford anything else.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by britishsligean
it's for bedroom practice mostly for me to get good as i'm pretty crap since i never stuck with it when i started off

Go with a Cube.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
i like the cubes but i can only find them at stupid prices it's probably because i live in ireland and they are like the only country to raise vat
Quote by britishsligean
i like the cubes but i can only find them at stupid prices it's probably because i live in ireland and they are like the only country to raise vat

If you go Cube, get the Micro or the 30x. The one's in-between don't have as many amp models... most importantly the "R-Fire" model.

The Vox is pretty sweet too. The Vypers get alot of praise... but IMO they look and feel really cheap.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 5, 2009,
Budget?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Thats about £350 which just so happens to be that little gap in the market where you're above solid state level but under the decent tube amp level, but I'll have a go

Line 6 Flextones are very good, very versatile and convincing models.

Peavey Vypyrs are the new 'big thing' still fairly beginnery but very good amps all-round

Peavey Valveking is the classic, standard step-up from the beginner amp. All tube, takes pedals pretty well but could do with a speaker swap.

Sound City, I haven't heard much about these amps but allegedly they're pretty good and they should be like any other tube amp: takes pedals well, satisfying overall-sound.

But please try to have a go on all these amps before you buy as it's ultimately your decision, and thus your opinion that counts, not mine. Good luck
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard