Just something neat I thought I'd share with you all.

So a bunch of buddies and I were all jamming and hanging out in their basement. I only had my Squier Strat with me and we were talking about guitars. The twins whose house we were at mentioned that they had an old guitar in the garage. It'd been sitting in an open case in the cold for a long time. A few minutes later, they drag this out.

They had no idea what it is, but it seemed to be an authentic Fender. It had been sitting in their garage for years as they found it abandoned in the case on the side of the road somewhere once. It didn't work and needed a lot of attention but they gave it to me to fix up. After replacing some wiring, checking every piece of the guitar, and some love, it's back to playability. It still needs some work such as new screws, a replacement nut (the unique kind this model uses, I've had no luck finding one) and a good set-up. Also some cleaning due to rust. It works though and sounds pretty nice too.

It is a 1985 Contemporary HH MIJ Stratocaster. Not bad for a free guitar that needed some work.

With my Squier.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
Guitar Dater PRoject says your guitar was made in the Fuji-Gen factory between 84 -87!
Moving on.....
The japanese contemporary strats sure are nice, go for cheap most of the time too, finding 'em is the hard part. I know a guy who managed to find one in a second hand electronics store once, some people have all the look.

It's lookin' good, that tremolo has always interested me too.
Quote by Tempoe
nice...you should wrap the strings better.

Next string change, I'll be sure to. I was a bit eager to see how it sounded so I did a rush job stringing it up.

Thanks all
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit