Hey guys,
I'm not exactly sure where this would go, but here it is. Whenever I jammed with people or was in a band, it was all with good friends of mine, so we never had any problems having to worry about how the stuff is being taken care of. Well I put an Ad on craigslist and got a reply earlier saying that a band was looking for a guitarist. Anyways, it got me thinking of how this type of thing would work out.

I'm wondering, do any of you guys keep gear anywere? Do you take it when you leave? And are you with people who've known before you guys got together?
I play with a lot of different people, but I would never leave my good amps anywhere, unless it was at a good friend's house. That's why I use a little 65W Fender SS Princeton Plus if I need to leave an amp somewhere, or play where beer may get spilled on it (besides ME spilling MY OWN beer on it ). If I use my good amps, I won't leave them out of my sight for a minute.

Edit: I also use only 2X12 cabs if I play out too, because they're easy to schlep around. Most of the time, I like to use the good amps w/ a 2X12, & just haul it home when done. Small rig, no big deal.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Feb 5, 2009,
I think your missing some words there
Are you asking about meeting the band for the first time?
or are you asking where to keep gear between practices or what?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
oh,
i'd store the amp at there house/practice space if you decide you trust them and you have a back up, but if you only have one amp, i'd just drive it back and forth everytime
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Well, I have my Peavey Ultra Plus that I'd have to use. I have a practice amp for home. I've been putting money away to get me another amp soon, but I haven't got enough yet. If I find people to jam with, I may leave the Peavey wherever we practice for a while, then once I get a new amp I'll sell the Peavey and buy a descent used combo to lug around with me.

Thanks guys!
I have a spare 4x12 that I leave at the practice space and bring my amp head with me.
Our last practice space had it's own alarm in the rented room so we left all our stuff there.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Tbh for the first few times meeting them i wouldn't leave it untill you trust them.
since I'm only actively jamming with one group, I'm going to leave my Marshall cab at the jam space. I've got another friend who's interested in starting a group, so when I jam with him I lug my Mesa cab to and fro.
You can leave your gear at my place if you want.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Quote by endless_fight1
You can leave your gear at my place if you want.

lol. I'm sure I could, but I don't think so.

Thanks guys. I guess it'll be something I'll figure out once I get something going. Like I said, I'm going to be buying a new amp, so I may just sell what I have now towards a descent combo that I can lug around. It all depends on how I feel about where I'm putting my stuff. Wouldn't want it getting stolen, or even played with it all.
Quote by caraluzzo
Hey guys,
I'm not exactly sure where this would go, but here it is. Whenever I jammed with people or was in a band, it was all with good friends of mine, so we never had any problems having to worry about how the stuff is being taken care of. Well I put an Ad on craigslist and got a reply earlier saying that a band was looking for a guitarist. Anyways, it got me thinking of how this type of thing would work out.

I'm wondering, do any of you guys keep gear anywere? Do you take it when you leave? And are you with people who've known before you guys got together?

You could rent a small practice space. Some are setup like storage places just a bunch of rooms, heat and power. Everything stays setup and ready to go. If you go that route, pick a place that has 24/7 staff there and make sure you get a key. Way back U could share with another band. Rent divided by two bands worth of people isn't too bad.