If I were to take a neck off of a fender jazz bass and wanted to put it on a new bass would i face any troubles? Like would the existing screwed holes in it ruin it
OYu would have to have the same neck pocket, and the screw holes would have to match up.
Cant you ask this in your original thread?
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
If the bass to receive the neck has the Fender neck pocket dimensions, you should be fine.

Very rarely, though, the screw holes do not line up, in which case you need to dowel and redrill. And don't ask me what doweling means, as I haven't a clue.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
A dowel, is a piece of ciculur wood. It comes in different sizes etc.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by d K A p S
If I were to take a neck off of a fender jazz bass and wanted to put it on a new bass would i face any troubles? Like would the existing screwed holes in it ruin it

The biggest problem could be the bridge position on the new body, if it is not in the correct position then you will encounter intonation problems.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
This is true. However, you don't need to be exact; that's what adjustable saddles are for. But within 1/8" for sure.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Ashdown MAG 300 210
Quote by Ivanator
This is true. However, you don't need to be exact; that's what adjustable saddles are for. But within 1/8" for sure.

My friend bought a Schecter from Sound Control who later admitted to using two different models neck and body, our local guitar guru told us that it was impossible to get the intonation correct due to the postion of the bridge in relation to the neck.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by d K A p S
Im about to attach this neck to a fender bass, are there any tricks to it or do i actually just screw the 4 screws in?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BASS-REPLACEMENT-NECK-JAZZ-P-BASS-TUNERS-STRIPE_W0QQitemZ300291495221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item300291495221

You'll have to match up the existing holes in the neck, too many holes and you'll not have a secure/stable fixing.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
If I were to buy a neck with out pre-drilled holes in it, would I need to drill the holes prior to putting the screws in, or should I screw right into the wood right away?
You should drill some guiding hole first as you might crack the wood drilling straingt into it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
You should drill some guiding hole first as you might crack the wood drilling straingt into it.

True; hardwood can split.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
What would be the best method to drill them precisely? also, how deep would i need to drill them
First of all, make sure you have a drill bit less than the diameter of the screws, not counting the threads.

In order to figure out where to drill, line the neck up with the holes in the pocket and use a pencil to mark where the holes are.

See how far the screws go into the neck. You want to drill a bit less than this. Put a piece of tape on the bit in a way such that when it reaches the surface of the neck you know you've drilled far enough.

In order to get a nice perpendicular hole, a drill press is preferred.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Ashdown MAG 300 210