I saw it on the UG posts a Few months ago its a Fender strat with EMG's and a Floyd Rose I tried to search the Fender website cannot seem to find it.

Thank you.

By the way it was something like Fender C---------------------- something with a C at the end I think.

Thank you.
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Feb 5, 2009,
it's called a guitar. we call those six-string fretted things guitars

I'm looking but I'm not finding anything =/ srry man.
This guitar would be awesome if it had a White finish, and black plate!
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Quote by YoHendrix
This guitar would be awesome if it had a White finish, and black plate!
For $800 (same as that guitar costs anyway) you could have one built from Warmoth that would be whatever finish colour you wanted, also have 24 frets, an even slimmer neck, full jumbo fretwire, even a scalloped fretboard... all that stuff shredders go nuts for. Sure you'd have to bolt and solder it together yourself but that's easy enough.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by ibrahimasood
Wow thank you guys, It is a FSR strat. Thank you.

Well there's different FSR strats though, so not really. FSR just means Factory Special Run (I believe).
Quote by MrFlibble
For $800 (same as that guitar costs anyway) you could have one built from Warmoth that would be whatever finish colour you wanted, also have 24 frets, an even slimmer neck, full jumbo fretwire, even a scalloped fretboard... all that stuff shredders go nuts for. Sure you'd have to bolt and solder it together yourself but that's easy enough.

the whole guitar for $800?, but im in the UK, do they post to UK?
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Quote by MrFlibble

That would be more than $800. A set of EMG pups and an original floyd rose alone are pushing up past 300 USD.Then take into account the body and neck pricing,the cost of finishing them,custom neck contours or any other extra features,then the tuners and all the "guts" and it'd be at least a couple hundred dollars more.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Sounds like what Gilmour actually uses, not what he endorses. Better get a lovely Hiwatt half stack or two if that's the sound you like. Seems to me like a lot of trouble to make a Strat sound like an SG.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Pr0gNut
That would be more than $800. A set of EMG pups and an original floyd rose alone are pushing up past 300 USD.Then take into account the body and neck pricing,the cost of finishing them,custom neck contours or any other extra features,then the tuners and all the "guts" and it'd be at least a couple hundred dollars more.
The EMG's I'll grant you may run you a little more, but I just ordered a Floyd Rose-equipped Strat from them the full neck, pickguard, everything finished in Tequila Burst (one of their slightly more expensive finishes), and it came to $783 in total, including the shipping.

I still have to buy pickups (I'm going for a Swineshead humbucker and singlecoil, so that's about another £100) and then since I'm in the UK I have to pay extra import duties on top of it once it all gets to customs, but that's not Warmoth's fault and doesn't apply to other countries anyway.

So in total including my pickups and the increased cost of shipping to the UK, I will be spending the equivilent of about $1075. Bear in mind though shipping to here does cost about double what it does within the USA and I am paying all those import duties and VAT on top. If I lived in America I would be paying about $860, that's including the Swineshead pickups. In America you could get equivilent Seymour Duncans for cheaper.

Also bear in mind that's with a 24 fret extension, custom body routing, a AAA quilt laminate top, I've asked for custom inlays on the fretboard, a reverse headstock style and my choice of finish. For what would be just $60 more than that Fender.

Quote by YoHendrix
the whole guitar for $800?, but im in the UK, do they post to UK?
Yes, they ship to the UK. Just keep in mind that it will take a little longer to get here and we have to pay VAT and import duties on top of regular shipping. Again, that's not Warmoth's fault, you'd be doing that if you imported any guitar.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Fender MiJ HM strats are 10x better. just swap out the duncans for EMGs.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by MrFlibble
The EMG's I'll grant you may run you a little more, but I just ordered a Floyd Rose-equipped Strat from them the full neck, pickguard, everything finished in Tequila Burst (one of their slightly more expensive finishes), and it came to $783 in total, including the shipping.

I still have to buy pickups (I'm going for a Swineshead humbucker and singlecoil, so that's about another £100) and then since I'm in the UK I have to pay extra import duties on top of it once it all gets to customs, but that's not Warmoth's fault and doesn't apply to other countries anyway.

So in total including my pickups and the increased cost of shipping to the UK, I will be spending the equivilent of about $1075. Bear in mind though shipping to here does cost about double what it does within the USA and I am paying all those import duties and VAT on top. If I lived in America I would be paying about $860, that's including the Swineshead pickups. In America you could get equivilent Seymour Duncans for cheaper.

Also bear in mind that's with a 24 fret extension, custom body routing, a AAA quilt laminate top, I've asked for custom inlays on the fretboard, a reverse headstock style and my choice of finish. For what would be just $60 more than that Fender.

Yes, they ship to the UK. Just keep in mind that it will take a little longer to get here and we have to pay VAT and import duties on top of regular shipping. Again, that's not Warmoth's fault, you'd be doing that if you imported any guitar.

That's odd,because when I ordered the parts for my soloist from them just a plain black HH and wilky routed body and a maple KWS neck with stainless steel frets came to 600 USD.The body was 299.99 and the neck was 300 or so after being finished and having a nut and frets installed.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it's called a guitar. we call those six-string fretted things guitars

Douche much?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by RockAddict311
ew...so gross....*Puke*...now I need to clean up.

If you're not gonna post anything worthwhile, why waste the time?

EDIT:

Quote by VanTheKraut
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it's called a guitar. we call those six-string fretted things guitars

Douche much?

That's what we call a joke. Mhmm.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=joke
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
That's odd,because when I ordered the parts for my soloist from them just a plain black HH and wilky routed body and a maple KWS neck with stainless steel frets came to 600 USD.The body was 299.99 and the neck was 300 or so after being finished and having a nut and frets installed.

Soloist bodies run minimum $20 more than Strat bodies of equal type. KWS necks run a few dollars more than Strat necks if you get it with certain fretboard woods. Stainless steel frets run you another $20.

You saved $35 on a plain finish compared to my burst which evens it out a little more, but you also didn't mention what finish your neck and headstock got and what nut you ordered. Also did you order any custom work like different custom contours, any binding, a headstock veneer, etc? Did you specifiy a one-piece body for example? Was the neck plain maple, quartersawn maple?

Either way it's not surprising you paid out $600.

Warmoth pricing is a little odd, but usually a basic Strat or Telecaster build from them will run you a couple of hundred less than an American Fender, and you can use that spare few hundred to really customise it. So long as you're not uuseless at putting it together, you'll end up with a better guitar that's tailored to you for often only a couple of notes more than the Fender.

The problem is then you look at the prices of their Les Pauls, Soloists, the L5S and so on, and suddenly you see the prices sky rocket. God help anyone who ever tries to build a doubleneck guitar with them.
Quote by MrFlibble
The problem is then you look at the prices of their Les Pauls, Soloists, the L5S and so on, and suddenly you see the prices sky rocket. God help anyone who ever tries to build a doubleneck guitar with them.

We'll have to wait for some multi-millionaire Jay Leno wannabe who has a fetish for fretted instruments rather than automobiles.
Quote by MrFlibble
Soloist bodies run minimum $20 more than Strat bodies of equal type. KWS necks run a few dollars more than Strat necks if you get it with certain fretboard woods. Stainless steel frets run you another $20.

You saved $35 on a plain finish compared to my burst which evens it out a little more, but you also didn't mention what finish your neck and headstock got and what nut you ordered. Also did you order any custom work like different custom contours, any binding, a headstock veneer, etc? Did you specifiy a one-piece body for example? Was the neck plain maple, quartersawn maple?

Either way it's not surprising you paid out $600.

Warmoth pricing is a little odd, but usually a basic Strat or Telecaster build from them will run you a couple of hundred less than an American Fender, and you can use that spare few hundred to really customise it. So long as you're not uuseless at putting it together, you'll end up with a better guitar that's tailored to you for often only a couple of notes more than the Fender.

All the stuff was prefab from their showcase,literally the cheapest I could find and bare bones as far as extras like inlays and binding go.The neck is just a plain maple neck with a satin finish and a graphite nut,not quartersawn,and the inlays are standard black dots.The body is just a black painted mahogany number.I will agree that their pricing is odd,especially in their showcase.You see these amazing bodies for a few hundred then some horrid looking ones up in the 700 USD range that have features that don't dictate their price.They do make some great quality and unique stuff though,I'm looking into ordering a 7 string PRS style build from them this year.

Ah right well yeah, the Showcase is a whole different story. I agree you see some utter crap in there with huge price tags then other gorgeous pieces of timber dirt-cheap. I think the guys at Warmoth must have awful taste in guitars because their prices are always arse-backwards on anything that isn't a basic alder Strat.
Quote by MrFlibble
Ah right well yeah, the Showcase is a whole different story. I agree you see some utter crap in there with huge price tags then other gorgeous pieces of timber dirt-cheap. I think the guys at Warmoth must have awful taste in guitars because their prices are always arse-backwards on anything that isn't a basic alder Strat.

Big time.A lot of their finishes like "Crushed steel" and some of the odder burst and dye finishes they use just look horrible IMO.For some reason a solid one piece walnut soloist with all the routes goes for a couple hundred less than a strat body with some kind of pink and black burst on it.Some of the DL finishes and unique bursts like fire burst and their emerald burst look fantastic though.You should post a thread with some pics of your build once you're finished with it,I wouldn't mind seeing how it turned out.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Big time.A lot of their finishes like "Crushed steel" and some of the odder burst and dye finishes they use just look horrible IMO.For some reason a solid one piece walnut soloist with all the routes goes for a couple hundred less than a strat body with some kind of pink and black burst on it.Some of the DL finishes and unique bursts like fire burst and their emerald burst look fantastic though.You should post a thread with some pics of your build once you're finished with it,I wouldn't mind seeing how it turned out.
I intend to, I'm finishing up a Warmoth Telecaster build at the moment and the Strat should be here and done within the next month or so. I'll be posting them at Unofficial Warmoth and on here in the guitar building forum when each is done.

I know what you mean about the finishes. I saw the new 'Black Cherry Burst' yesterday in the showcase, it looks like an infected scab. $470 for a poplar/quilt maple Soloist in that? They're having a laugh.
Quote by MrFlibble
I intend to, I'm finishing up a Warmoth Telecaster build at the moment and the Strat should be here and done within the next month or so. I'll be posting them at Unofficial Warmoth and on here in the guitar building forum when each is done.

I know what you mean about the finishes. I saw the new 'Black Cherry Burst' yesterday in the showcase, it looks like an infected scab. $470 for a poplar/quilt maple Soloist in that? They're having a laugh.

I'm going to have to go look at how awful that looks.Then for about 100 more you can find a tigers eye died AAA quilt top mahogany body with a natural mask binding,contoured heel,and chambers.I think they have a group of monkeys throw darts at a board to dictate their prices.

I've been wanting a double cutaway Les Paul style guitar with a floyd, and Seymour Duncans of some sort in it, and i totalled up the Warmoth price to be over $1700.

So i think i'm just gonna go for a used Gibson or Epiphone or Shecter, and swap out the bridge/pickups.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.