so for the last 6 months i have been focusing heavily on using my fingers only, for 17 years playing fwith a pick, fingerstyle was only a small thing i would do, mostly just using a pick for acoustics and electrics. now that i play mainly fingerstyle using a pick for electric i have found i keep tossing the pick and just trying to fingerstyle the electric...

works for a Lindsay Buckingham style with clean, but usually doesnt work so well if using any overdrive:P

anyone else mainly play electrics without a pick as they do their acoustic?
I don't, but Jeff Beck uses his fingers and he's out of this world.
As does Mark Knopfler.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I play fingerstyle a lot on electric, I find it very freeing. With a pick, I often feel very limited to linear melodies and not skipping strings. Without a pick, not only am I feel free to play non-linear melodies and arpeggiated chords easier.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
fingerstyle with an electric: would you recommend heavier strings? currently i use a simi hollow body with a medium action, kinda high compared to most. the strings on it are 11s but my acoustics are 12s, just curious if its a big transition to 12s for electrics unless they will feel almost exactly like acoustic 12 guage.
Mark Tremonti does some cool mid-gain fingerstyle stuff.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
fingerstyle with an electric: would you recommend heavier strings? currently i use a simi hollow body with a medium action, kinda high compared to most. the strings on it are 11s but my acoustics are 12s, just curious if its a big transition to 12s for electrics unless they will feel almost exactly like acoustic 12 guage.

I wouldn't recommend going any thicker than .11 on an electric as it would probably limit your bending capabilities (unless you're Stevie Ray Vaughn).
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID