Alright, so as of now I have been looking around at quite a few amps and speakers. I am pretty confident that I will be buying an orange cab; however, what amp I would get to complement it remains a mystery. My price range is from about 700-1000 dollars, any suggestions?
BTW, I play a lot of prog and tend to use a Boss delay while playing.
Mesa Mark Series, Mesa F-50, Peavey XXX, Orange Rockerverb, Engl Thunder, Mesa Rectoverb or Single Rectifier, B-52 AT-100

I play alot of Prog, and I rock a Mesa Mark III head I got used for 580$ with a Marshall 1960A I got for 350$, and its perfect for my style. You should get a Mark III with a used Mesa Recto 2x12. Petrucci uses a Mark IV, you said prog so I figured along the lines of DT.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Mesa Mark Series, Mesa F-50, Peavey XXX, Orange Rockerverb, Engl Thunder, Mesa Rectoverb or Single Rectifier, B-52 AT-100

I play alot of Prog, and I rock a Mesa Mark III head I got used for 580$ with a Marshall 1960A I got for 350$, and its perfect for my style. You should get a Mark III with a used Mesa Recto 2x12. Petrucci uses a Mark IV, you said prog so I figured along the lines of DT.

orange cabs are better (and better looking) than mesas imo. but those would be some good heads if you can jump on a good deal, ENGL's (probably not), mark series, and XXX/JSX/ultra are your best bets
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
the Mark III, mark 4 and the JSX will be your best amp choice.
for a cab i would prefer a orange than a mesa
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
engl's are great if you're in the UK, here not so much. They tend to be slightly high in price
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
What part of the planet do you live on, near what major city? We can find decent used deals if we know what market you are in, if you are buying now. Great budget by the way.