Opinions? Complaints? Love? Hate?

I'm bored with my FX25b and I'd like something different and better. A basic envelope filter. I've heard some people say ohhhh the Q-Tron+ is the best but for nearly $100 more than the Micro I'd expect that.

Sooo if anybody owns one or has played one and what do you think of it?
I own the Qtron + and it is a pretty good filter. I think it would be fair to describe the Qtron series as a very standard sounding filter. It is solid and flexible, and while it is nothing on something like a Barge Concepts grinder, for the price, you get a filter that should satisfy you unless you are either a filter freak, or have in mind a very specific filter sound.

In short, from my experiences with the micro and the plus, I'd say it is a very good filter to have, although it may eventually get upgraded to a more boutique filter if you are very picky over your filter sounds.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
thanks for the reply

I love envelope filters, I wouldn't say I'm picky but I do love the sound of a good one. My Line 6 FM4 emulates the Mu-Tron III and I love how it sounds so I basically want that same sound but in a basic filter to use with bass only. I'll probably order the Micro because I can't see the standard Q-Tron being worth $70 more
Quote by Miss G
thanks for the reply

I love envelope filters, I wouldn't say I'm picky but I do love the sound of a good one. My Line 6 FM4 emulates the Mu-Tron III and I love how it sounds so I basically want that same sound but in a basic filter to use with bass only. I'll probably order the Micro because I can't see the standard Q-Tron being worth $70 more

I am not sure that the Qtron is actually that close in sound to a mutron. I noticed you had the same thread in another forum, and those guys will likely be able to give a better comparison.

And I find that the larger versions just have more flexibility because all those extra switches can help to really define your sound. If I remember right, the micro doesn't have the ability to set the direction of the filter, which drastically changes your tonal options.

EDIT And in relevence to the discussion elsewhere, my one is not picky about active or passive at all. It just means you are going to have to adjust the gain/sensitivity.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Feb 6, 2009,
yeah I noticed a lot of people on TB had Micro Q-Trons on their boards so I thought I'd go more responses there.

I'm still stuck between the Micro and the regular XO Q-Tron I know they're both great filters. I'd like the up/down sweep option but I'm not sure if a few more knobs is really worth $70 more. I'm just afraid if I get the Micro I'll wish I had spent more and got the Q-Tron or if I get the Q-Tron I'll wish I had got the Micro.

Bah, if the Tech 21 VT Bass was in stock I'd get it and decide on a filter later lol.
Quote by Miss G
yeah I noticed a lot of people on TB had Micro Q-Trons on their boards so I thought I'd go more responses there.

I'm still stuck between the Micro and the regular XO Q-Tron I know they're both great filters. I'd like the up/down sweep option but I'm not sure if a few more knobs is really worth $70 more. I'm just afraid if I get the Micro I'll wish I had spent more and got the Q-Tron or if I get the Q-Tron I'll wish I had got the Micro.

Bah, if the Tech 21 VT Bass was in stock I'd get it and decide on a filter later lol.

I went all out for the plus and I don't regret it at all. I think it is better to have redundancy than want to upgrade.

Unless you are very tight on money, I would say that those $70 will not be remembered in a couple of months time, but the extra features more likely will.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I shelled out for the plus, and I can say that the attack response switch is very useful indeed, and the effects loop does have a lot of potential if you have a large enough collection to experiment with it.

However, the effects loop has gone unused on my board. However, I do have the attack response switch set the the non-standard setting. If you can try the plus, it might be worth while to see if that slower sweep setting does anything for you.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1