sucks.

any tips?

i held the bridge in place with some scissors wrapped in electric tape, tuned it, locked it, and took the scissors out, and it went back to half-step-down.

i ****ing hate floyd roses, for the record.
kahler ftw!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Tuning in B with a floyd is not a good idea IMO. You could make a removable blocker I guess. C is pushing the limits.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 5, 2009,
I love floyd roses, but they are rubbish for what you intend to do. If I were you I'd just get a cheapy guitar with a fixed bridge like a Les Paul copy or an Ibanez RG321 and throw that into drop B and use your floyd guitar in whatever tuning you had it before.
Quote by rainingblood187
sucks.

any tips?

i held the bridge in place with some scissors wrapped in electric tape, tuned it, locked it, and took the scissors out, and it went back to half-step-down.

i ****ing hate floyd roses, for the record.

What did you expect to happem?

You blocked the bridge to stop it moving, then arsed around with tuning - all that meant was that the bridge wouldn't move while the block was in place, you still lowered the string tension whilst the spring tension remained the same. So, you have two things that don't balance (strings and springs) with something compensating for that lack of balance (your block). As soon as you remove the block then all the tension is going to immediately even out and the bridge is going to sink right down...it's common sense.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just keep it blocked up, how often do you really divebomb anyways?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
You set up the Floyd Rose guitars you own to the tuning you want to use it in most of the time, use non-Floyd Guitars for using different tunings alot.
i have my floyd in drop a, and its fine. goes out of tune like once every two months. bridge is perfectly level and i set it up myself. it was the first time i ever played a floyd, let alone set it up. before i moved to drop a i had it in drop b and i found that using heavier gauge strings(i used 10-52's but have to use 13-60's now im in drop a) and that is because it will prove more tension on the string side.. this will keep the strings tight and keep the action reasonable and there wont be much fret buzz. you have to muck around with the springs in the back and stuff to get it right, and remember if your bridge is sinking in to the body and your tuning is a bit lower than what you want, tune it about half a step UP of what you want and then adjust the springs in your back(because tightening the springs will stretch the strings more, making your tuning drop back down abit) and then use the fine tuners to get it perfect.

sorry for the huge post too, i got a bit carried away lol