Well, for my next guitar I've wanted something unique, so what do you think of this?

I'm thinking of buying a white mexican strat (bare with me) and then changing all the hardware gold and changing the scratchplate to gold. Then changing the pick ups which I shall practice on my squier strat first (is it hard?). Finally I would buy a gold neck plate and get "The future is unwritten" engraved onto it, BIG Joe Strummer fan.

Would you say these upgrades would be hard to carry out?

Thanks.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
nah not really, you would probably want to have the electronics done by a professional unless you have done so before. But id say for the cost of all these upgrades you could easily just get a better guitar instead (mexi strats are kinda....not so good). regardless it would look cool if thats what your aiming for.
Not sure if Strummer would approve of all that gold, sounds a bit glam to me.

You should get a used telecaster.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by PedroLesPaulVM
Not sure if Strummer would approve of all that gold, sounds a bit glam to me.

You should get a used telecaster.

I'm not going for the joe strummer 'image' I just would like to have a reminder of my idol on the guitar I guess. If that makes sense.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
I'm not going for the joe strummer 'image' I just would like to have a reminder of my idol on the guitar I guess. If that makes sense.

Thats cool, I just think a white Strat with gold everything would look a little gay.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by livingspeedbump
nah not really, you would probably want to have the electronics done by a professional unless you have done so before. But id say for the cost of all these upgrades you could easily just get a better guitar instead (mexi strats are kinda....not so good). regardless it would look cool if thats what your aiming for.

I do agree with you mate, it's just, meh. I guess this would just be something that I could call my own.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by PedroLesPaulVM
Thats cool, I just think a white Strat with gold everything would look a little gay.

I got the idea from the white falcon, which I probaly one of the best looking guitars ever made in my opinion.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2