I'm a lefty, and one of the more easily attainable guitars in my area is the Jackson dinky.

I had the opportunity to check one out the other day, however, I know well enough that things can be different in between trying it out in the store and getting it home/having it for a few months.

Believe they go for about $600-650 u.s. in my area, I didn't really inquire about the price just yet, but the tag was $649.99.

I guess what I'm wondering is.. has anyone had any real issues with the quality of the guitar? It has a licensed floyd rose, and as I myself have no real experience with this sort of bridge, I'm wondering if they tend to be problematic?

I really like the pickup, and other tidbits... but I have a friend that claims that the hardware is pretty "cheap".

Anyone able to share anything?
iv had a DK2 for 2 years now and never had any problems, the bridge is one of the best licensed floyd roses ive seen aswell
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by vegetable-jim
iv had a DK2 for 2 years now and never had any problems, the bridge is one of the best licensed floyd roses ive seen aswell

Word.
I love Dinkys. If they didn't feel as tiny in my hands, I'd probably own one. Licensed FR's are usually not the best things, but they seem to do quite well on Dinkys. Only thing bad about the FR is having to tune it, which requires removing the lock on the headstock, tune it, and then you have to setup the bridge so it's parallel, then put the lock back on, and then fine tune it. Bit much for me, but it is rewarding. It's a great guitar for all types of music, especially rock and metal.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Only thing bad about the FR is having to tune it, which requires removing the lock on the headstock, tune it, and then you have to setup the bridge so it's parallel, then put the lock back on, and then fine tune it. Bit much for me, but it is rewarding.

Being that I have no real FR experience... that kind of sounds a bit intimidating
Quote by jgleason82
Being that I have no real FR experience... that kind of sounds a bit intimidating

Ask them to give you a free setup for the strings you use and you will love it.
Quote by jgleason82

It's not as fussy as it sounds. A few extra minutes tops when restringing.
Mine has never gone out of tune badly enough to need anything more than a finetuner adjustment.
my first guitar was a used beat up dinky rev. the only problems ive ever had with it were stringing it up/tuning it is a pain but otherwsie it still gets played regularly and sounds sweet
I played one at guitar center last week. Nice guitar, way better than my cheap starter pack guitar lol