ok so, my band is going to take a trip to a high class studio for a week. were gonna be around 400 miles from home, so we were wondering if anyone has any ideas to help us prepare for that/ what to expect/ any useful tips.

if u want to check us out/ our previous recordings:
www.myspace.com/pinkleef

thanks!
If you smoke, bring ALOT of cigarettes, that's all I can say.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
hey, i just checked out your band.. pretty good stuff...

as for tips, don't get too serious, bring pringles, cheez its (white cheddar), Hi-C Fruit punch, your guitars/instruments, juicy fruit, a baseball hat, a poncho, lucky underwear, and your voice.

you should be all set with all that stuff ^.

oh and don't forget duct tape
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
write some songs, lyrics before the studio, bring lots of new strings and dont drink too much.
thats all falks!

were all done with writing and the songs are practiced to perfection
Alright, if you're done writing and the songs are memorized by the band to perfection (seriously), make sure your instruments are properly set up and tuned (drums particularly), and maybe bring in some cool toys or pedals to experiment with a bit.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by ajmasterjaydude
We Arent Gonna Drink, Were 15 Dad Gummit!

Well why didn't you say so? Fifteen year olds never drink.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Proven fact, I actually quit on my 15th birthday and took it up again on my 16th.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
Proven fact, I actually quit on my 15th birthday and took it up again on my 16th.

I didn't drink until my 19th birthday because underage drinking is against the rules*

*Note: I actually don't drink at all, but I'm having fun with this thread.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I quit drinking before I was legal, what a waste.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
400 miles? Does anybody else think that that is absolutely INSANE?! Also, if you're all 15, who is driving you there? One of the parents?

Anyway, crazy crap aside, know your songs and be prepared BEFORE you even get into the studio. Make sure you're all tight and in time. Change strings maybe a day or two before recording, and make sure the drummer tightens his skins.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Know ur songs well and that's it.

Did anyone else notice the vibe of Washed away is o so similiar to "dream on" by Aerosmith?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Alter-Bridge
400 miles? Does anybody else think that that is absolutely INSANE?! Also, if you're all 15, who is driving you there? One of the parents?

Anyway, crazy crap aside, know your songs and be prepared BEFORE you even get into the studio. Make sure you're all tight and in time. Change strings maybe a day or two before recording, and make sure the drummer tightens his skins.

People drive far farther than that for a good studio
At 100 miles an hour, that's only 4 hours: how many of us have UG'd for a similar unbroken time period?
Quote by Roast Beef
At 100 miles an hour, that's only 4 hours: how many of us have UG'd for a similar unbroken time period?

Got me there man.

Good luck TS! If its on you on the road, recording should go just fine.