So yeah, I wanna switch my EMGs (81/81) for SDs, but I'd need some recommendations.

I thought about the SH-5 which are very versatile, but I dunno.. I've never played SDs but heard from so much people that they were very good.

I mostly play metal, but I love doing clean stuff do and sometime just jam around blues or jazz.

Thanks.

~Tom
well try some out then
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
a few things thing about changing your active emgs.

You will need to change all of your electronics including output jack.
25k pots also are a different size than 500 - 250k pots. So you will need to drill a bigger hole. And lastly since the guitar is set up for active pups which do not need a bridge ground your SD's will need a bridge ground. You can do without the ground but you will get some buzzing.
Or you can try active SDs like the Livewires or the Blackouts. I recently installed some Blackouts on a 7 string I wanted to put actives on without modding the body to fit them and pretty much kick the EMGs in the ass as far as dynamics go. Try them out since schecter uses them probably you'll find them installed in some shop
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Yeah that what I was fearing, the active to passive switch. I think I'll just check out the Active SDs, or I wont change em because I don't want to much trouble as Im not an expert into modding.

EDIT: Checked out the LiveWire Classic: http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones/view/141

and the Blackouts: http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones/view/19

They both seem very good, but the LiveWire seems more versatile than the Blackouts...
Any experiences, ideas, help?
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Feb 5, 2009,
Used the searchbar, and I too would like to read about experiences and ideas with LiveWires.
why switch? not saying that EMG's are better, but i just want to know what displeases you about emgs so you can get legit recommendations.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack