So, I've been looking at Warmoth, and I've noticed that they say something along the lines of: "If you want a 24 fret neck, you'll have to loose the neck pickup."

Why? Tons of companies make 24 fret guitars in SSS, HHH, HSH, HH, HSS and all the assorted crap. My point is, all these companies make 24 fret guitars with a neck pickup, yet Warmoth can't?

Am confused.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
EDIT: Just looked at the site, the bottom part wasn't desplaying for some reason.

Pointless thread, woops
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
well part of it is probably because they have all these templates they use to route out the pickup cavities. when you add the two extra frets, you have to move the neck pickup toward the bridge, which would require a different template.
it's probably just easier for them to do it i guess.
i'm sure somebody will have a better explanation; that was just a guess on my part.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
if you're setting out to build a guitar with 24 frets it's easy. however trying to make a 22 fret guitar into a 24 fret guitar means you won't be able to have a neck pickup as that's where the extra 2 frets will be.

the 22nd fret will not move, the extra 2 get added on so that the intonation isn't ****ed.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah, as Lemoninfluence said, the 23rd and 24th frets stretch out over the body, and thus, you have to move the neck pickup, and you can't scallop them.

Anyway, you can pay Warmoth $35 for a "24-Fret Pickup Rerout," to have the pickup moved away from the neck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
You can solve this by getting a guitar with universal body routing and a custom cut pickguard. Of course the neck has to have 24 extension frets.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R