Hello,

Right now I have a budget of $150. I'll be doing some recording of myself and some covers of other songs.

I Need good Headphones and Good Monitors.

I was looking into Yamaha RH5MA Headphones: http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMRH5MA

And Behringer MS20 Monitors: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMS20
Or M-Audio Studiophile Av-40:http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Professional-Reference-Speakers/dp/B000SDLNKA

Any recommendations will help or advice.

Thank You...

*P.S: I play through my toneport then to guitar rig 3 and play on my headphones most of the time, then play out loud on my speakers...*
Last edited by life_777 at Feb 5, 2009,
Those monitors aren't very good. You really want good quality when it comes to monitors. I suggest saving some more.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Those monitors aren't very good. You really want good quality when it comes to monitors. I suggest saving some more.

I can't save up more then that for right now on a recording studio. It has to been within that range.
From Behringer, the Thruth monitors are excellent value for their price. Especialy the smaller B2030A. They're 250-300$ a pair, but in that price gategory there's no challenge.
Last edited by Keskimaki at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by Keskimaki
From Behringer, the Thruth monitors are excellent value for their price. Especialy the smaller B2030A. They're 250-300$ a pair, but in that price gategory there's no challenge.

That's kinda out of my price range.......
Quote by llanafreak44
Just get headphones. You'll never get even ok monitors under 500$.

So basically Don't get monitors no matter what...Wouldn't that effect my sound? A pair of good headphones with bad computer speakers?

But, I do mostly play with headphones but not very good one's..
I got alesis m1 active mkii's used off ebay for £80, and then sold some tat that I had lying around the house and made £150

I have £70 and a pair of monitors, which i really like though they dont seem to be in vogue any more (I'm sure they used to be - not that I care)

Anyway - I love 'em and if you are on a budget I would always buy used or b stock (with warranty)so you can get MUCH better kit for your money.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by life_777
So basically Don't get monitors no matter what...Wouldn't that effect my sound? A pair of good headphones with bad computer speakers?

But, I do mostly play with headphones but not very good one's..

Just learn your headphones, and test your mixes on stereo's, cars, whatever.

Crappy monitors aren't going to help, plus your room is most likely untreated.
Quote by llanafreak44
Just learn your headphones, and test your mixes on stereo's, cars, whatever.

Crappy monitors aren't going to help, plus your room is most likely untreated.

Hmm Never Mind I'm getting a bigger budget. Hopefully if I sell my amp.

I'll probably get around $425. But, I don't wanna blow it all on a recording studio...

I mean c'mon im only 15...
I understand. Get a job if you feel like you want it that much. When I was 16, I worked at a grocery store to support my recording. For 425, I'd recommend the Maudio BX5's or Yamaha HS50's.