Page 1 of 2
Im buying a traynor soon and I just sold my marshall mg100dfx
I bought it for like 450 those (stupid me)
but is 200 a good deal?
(200 canadian, which is like 170 usd)
You might have been able to get a bit more, I just sold my MG30 for $125 USD
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
You might have been able to get a better deal, but you know, at least you got rid of it, they are tough to get rid of.
you sold the MG ???
yes = hooooooorayyyy!!!!
yes but i sold it for $200 = BOOOOO!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
thats a decent deal. but why does everybody badmouth marshall mgs? there no worse than other comparable solid state amps. is its just hated because it tricks you by looking just like an awesome marshall amp but isnt. its like its hated because it looks a lot like a $2100 JVM. i mean ive heard a few and they didnt sound any worse than average for their price and being SS. sorry to go off on a tangent but i thought a previous disgruntled owner could tell me.
PS im not trying to start some epic battle in the name of the marshall mg. im not a fan by any means but they are just so hated and it made me curious.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 5, 2009,
Hurray! Reminds me of the glorious day I sold my MG100HDFX head and cab for I think £180 which at the time was $360 US. No word of a lie I helped the guy carry it to his car and I had the biggest grin on my face whilst doing it, my parting words to him were "Have fun " I re-entered my home, dropped to my knees and yelled at the top of my lungs "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
seriously you coulda put it in a movie lol.
Focus more on the fact you got rid of it rather than the fact you probably coulda got more.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
thats a decent deal. but why does everybody badmouth marshall mgs? there no worse than other comparable solid state amps. is its just hated because it tricks you by looking just like an awesome marshall amp but isnt. its like its hated because it looks a lot like a $2100 JVM. i mean ive heard a few and they didnt sound any worse than average for their price and being SS. sorry to go off on a tangent but i thought a previous disgruntled owner could tell me.

People just hate on them without thinking. They are not as bad as UG speaks of them. They sound a LOT better with pedals than they do with the overdrive channels, I know that from experience.

No matter how good they can actually be, and if the MG upgrade series is better, UG will always hate MG's.

I gave up trying to tell people that MG's are pretty good. On UG, anybody who likes MG's or Spiders will not survive in the amp buisness. When I asked for a pedal and it said "MG half stack" in my sig, half of the thread was people bashing my MG instead of suggesting a pedal.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
People just hate on them without thinking. They are not as bad as UG speaks of them. They sound a LOT better with pedals than they do with the overdrive channels, I know that from experience.

No matter how good they can actually be, and if the MG upgrade series is better, UG will always hate MG's.

I gave up trying to tell people that MG's are pretty good. On UG, anybody who likes MG's or Spiders will not survive in the amp buisness. When I asked for a pedal and it said "MG half stack" in my sig, half of the thread was people bashing my MG instead of suggesting a pedal.

feel free to add me
Quote by tmfiore

Well obviously, you do not take the term "reliability" into consideration. I had this amp for 2 years, and I can't depend on it to do anything. Sound fading out, distortion channel crapping out. It may sound good if you EQ it well, but the reliability is in the negative scale. I thought it sounded good too, but honestly, it just sucks after trying out some other things.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

I used to own an MG100HDFX Halfstack for a whole year (most of the time trying to get rid of it) so I think I'm pretty qualified to tell you.
The reason is because no matter what genre you play, or whether you are playing in a bedroom, garage or gigging.....you can get MUCH better for the same amount of money. Getting a small MG for bedroom practice is fine, say an MG30 or lower. However anything above that is just an oversized practice amp that to be honest doesn't have a right to exist. Lets do a comparison, I bought my JCM900 4102 100watt tube combo for the EXACT same price as I bought the MG halfstack. The difference? Well, my ears no longer hurt when I play (that isn't an overexaggeration either, the other guitarist in my band plays through an MG halfstack also and sometimes when he is playing I have to step out of the room) the note clarity is about 10,000 times better, the cleans on the MG just don't sound clean at all, more muffled than anything, on the JCM the cleans are some of the best I've heard. Most importantly I think, with the MG the louder you turn it up, the worse it sounds......the complete opposite with any tube amp.
There is allot more I could say but I don't want to spend hours typing.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I sold my ValveKing 112 w/ V30 for $450. Rapage. I see people still trying to sell their 2x12's for $300
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you sold the MG ???
yes = hooooooorayyyy!!!!
yes but i sold it for $200 = BOOOOO!!!!

...so...bad deal for me?
Quote by Antimage27
...so...bad deal for me?

epic win because you have no MG anymore!
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by signedinbloodnz
epic win because you have no MG anymore!

but I mean for 200 bucks canadian...Got it for 450 (so i blew 250 bucks LOOL)
Quote by Antimage27

Dude don't worry about it, in Canadian or US dollars terms it works out than I blew over $450 with the buying/selling of my MG.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
eh but you didn't know at the time what it'd be like so it's not your fault.
at least you got $200 for it.
some people wouldn't even get $125 or w/e for it
Can we erase the past?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25

Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Dude don't worry about it, in Canadian or US dollars terms it works out than I blew over $450 with the buying/selling of my MG.

wow....which mg did u have? LOL
Quote by Antimage27

That's what happens when you resell anything you bought new, unless it becomes an absolute classic. Just be glad you didn't buy a new rolls royce.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
hahaha.....Shafted..... I got $500 for my 4 year ol mg250
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by sheldonpardy
hahaha.....Shafted..... I got $500 for my 4 year ol mg250

Lucky you -.-
sucks for him
what traynor are you getting btw just curious
Can we erase the past?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25

Quote by signedinbloodnz
what traynor are you getting btw just curious

YCS50 or YCV50
either one...trying both
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

FACEPALM MY ****ING ASS YOU LITTLE BITCH. I hate this guy.

Sorry for my anger outburst.

The MG bashing is pissing me off so badly I am tempted to ditch the UG forums.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by tmfiore

MGs are ok imo...perhaps a bit overpriced but still ok
im only selling it cuz i want a tube amp...an upgrade
Quote by Hell_Metalist
Well obviously, you do not take the term "reliability" into consideration. I had this amp for 2 years, and I can't depend on it to do anything. Sound fading out, distortion channel crapping out. It may sound good if you EQ it well, but the reliability is in the negative scale. I thought it sounded good too, but honestly, it just sucks after trying out some other things.

I had one of the first MGs. It never crapped out. The cooling fan broke under warranty though. Thats it.
Quote by tmfiore

we dont care if you ditch UG.......... and even if you go to harmony central or other guitar related forums they will BASH you even more for having this amp.

MG's are DECENT amps but VERY overpriced.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
we dont care if you ditch UG.......... and even if you go to harmony central or other guitar related forums they will BASH you even more for having this amp.

One little thread won't do it.

UG has yet to hear the sounds I can get out of my MG.

I get a good volume by turning it up to around 5 for band practice and 5 and mic'd for gigs.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

No one bashed me on TGP for the MG
Dammit.

I just found a JCM combo for the same price as the MG half stack at a small music shop that would have been better than my MG.

I wish I knew there was such thing as a JCM combo when I was looking for my amp.

EDIT: I am going to Guitar Center tomorow and will try out a JCM half stack (the combos are discontinued) and will see what sound I can get out of it.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

*We*?

Oh, you speak for all of us, now?

PS: So you bash Mg's because people on other forums do?

PSS: That's a absolute lie, the only people who bash MGs are people from UG.

Let me tell you something:

I have read most of your posts, I have read most of your threads. After all that, I realized something that probably many other users realize: you are an idiot.

I'd rather have you leave than tmfiore. Why? Because tmfiore is a nice, knowledgeable guy. You, on the other hand, are a close minded, arrogant, dumb and most importantly, useless 13 year old dipshit who actually thinks he's contributing to a forum that doesn't need anymore idiots.

Here are some fun facts:

- Most of the people who bash MGs on this forum have never played one, or barely played one.

-Most SS amps in that price range are almost just as bad.

-Bashing MGs and "facepalming" someone for defending them makes you look like an idiot, and not the knowledgeable tone connoisseur you think you are.

Now, I don't know if other people agree with me, so I'll speak on behalf of myself, instead of the whole forum ( something you clearly think you're too smart to do):

Please leave, we don't need any more people like you.

Oh, and TS, you could of sold it for a bit more, but it's good to know that you're getting a better amp.
It is official.

I am selling my MG half stack and buying this instead.

The MG was more than I expected but I know that will blow it out of the water. I found it for $600 in a small music shop down the highway from where I live. I will sell this on Ebay as a buy-it-now for $650.

I came to the conclusion that there are things better than MG's in the price range, but the MG still isn't the worst amp in the world. Fender Frontman's are lol sort of just kidding.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by Mike!
*We*?

Oh, you speak for all of us, now?

PS: So you bash Mg's because people on other forums do?

PSS: That's a absolute lie, the only people who bash MGs are people from UG.

Let me tell you something:

I have read most of your posts, I have read most of your threads. After all that, I realized something that probably many other users realize: you are an idiot.

I'd rather have you leave than tmfiore. Why? Because tmfiore is a nice, knowledgeable guy. You, on the other hand, are a close minded, arrogant, dumb and most importantly, useless 13 year old dipshit who actually thinks he's contributing to a forum that doesn't need anymore idiots.

Here are some fun facts:

- Most of the people who bash MGs on this forum have never played one, or barely played one.

-Most SS amps in that price range are almost just as bad.

-Bashing MGs and "facepalming" someone for defending them makes you look like an idiot, and not the knowledgeable tone connoisseur you think you are.

Now, I don't know if other people agree with me, so I'll speak on behalf of myself, instead of the whole forum ( something you clearly think you're too smart to do):

Please leave, we don't need any more people like you.

Oh, and TS, you could of sold it for a bit more, but it's good to know that you're getting a better amp.

I sense some dormant tension.
Quote by imicius
I sense some dormant tension.

WHAT TENSION?!?

Tmfiore, nice find.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your post; you're buying the TSL for how much?
Quote by DeltaFunk
You might have been able to get a bit more, I just sold my MG30 for $125 USD
What kind of condition was your MG30 in? I'm hoping to unload my MG30 as soon as I can afford a tube amp, but mine is a little beat up, and I'm wondering if I can get anywhere near as much money as you got.
I know a guy that sold his 100watt half stack MG for $600!!! I feel bad for the buyer lol. I dunno man, maybe you shouldve researched used mg prices or something. I was trying to sell my snowboard and almost let it go for alot less than what I ended up getting, but then I saw what other people were selling snowboards for and got quite a bit more by holding onto it for a month longer. Too late now, best not to dwell on it.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by Mike!
WHAT TENSION?!?
Tmfiore, nice find.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your post; you're buying the TSL for how much?

I am buying the JCM 900 TSL combo for $600. Great deal, I am so glad I walked into that shop eariler today.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
I got a MG, my first amp and the first months it was "Cool".
Then i bought the Epihpone Valve Junior halfstack and now im trying to trade my MG for a overdrive pedal.

The overdrive on the MG is anything BUT crushing.
Quote by Zapher
I got a MG, my first amp and the first months it was "Cool".
Then i bought the Epihpone Valve Junior halfstack and now im trying to trade my MG for a overdrive pedal.

The overdrive on the MG is anything BUT crushing.
Maybe by "crushing", Zakk Wylde meant that it somehow resembled the sensation of being crushed. Crushed with disappointment? Crushed by falling rocks?

Something like that.
You'll learn that over time, as our tastes change , that we will lose a lot of cash chasing the tone that's in our heads. It comes with the territory. Get what you can get and enjoy the trip.
Page 1 of 2