hello! This is going to seem INCREDIBLY weird, but I must ask nevertheless. I've been pretty bored lately, and then remembered that I've got this neat little app called guitar pro 5. I've seen it used frequently on these boards, so i'm sure that most of you know what i'm talking about.

Since i remembered that i owned this, i've decided to undertake the task of creating my own little instrumental song using guitar pro's built-in instruments. However, I know NOTHING about guitar!!! I don't know how to read the notes, let alone write them. I don't know how to play these notes, let alone create them. And I most CERTAINLY don't know what these notes look like on sheet music, or tabs!!

So, what i'm looking for is a little something like this: What i need is some sort of guide, or website, or document, or ANYTHING, that lists every single guitar note and chord, and key and whatnot. THEN, in corollation with those notes, I need a little .wav or .mp3 file or something along those lines that shows what these sounds might sound like on the electric guitar. The acoustic or w/e else there is works fine as well, but i'd prefer electric, seeing as the song is an instrumental rock song, so this way i'd be able to better "see" what i want.

I realize this is incredibly stupid. I've got nothing to do, and have very, very little schoolwork, especially because i'm a high school senior, and i've got literally two classes, aside from gym. Even more so, i realize that what i'm looking for is probably not around, or if it is, it requires money, which is something that i do not have, especially if i'm only doing this one time just for kicks, and i don't even know if i'll end up completing it or not.

Thanks so much!
I couldn't figure out what you wanted. But here's a confused giraffe for trying.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

You'll probably never find every chord, there's thousands. (right?). Plus, this isn't Pit material, more like musician talk, or tab talk.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
easiest solution:

learn to play guitar

what you are asking for does not exist and would take up about a tetrabite of space if it did

edit: and why are you in a guitar forum if you know nothing about guitar?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Feb 5, 2009,
Music Theory for Dummies

Reading Music for Dummies
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
So, you want to learn how to use GP5?

...D/l some songs and figure out how it works.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
You know nothing about the guitar, yet you have been a member of Ultimate-GUITAR for several months.

Interesting....
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society