Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
lol wtf, i dont think i would ever need 27 frets

22 is plenty for me i guess, leaves room for robo-sounding muted-string pick things
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Seen it, and there are guitars with more, dude.

I can't imagine why you'd ever need to go that high, though.
24 for is more than most people need
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Every seen Uli Jon Roth's sky guitar? I think its like 30 frets
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
my drummer friend used to have one he bought off of an old guitarist of his with 26 fretts, so hes told me. if i remember right it was a jackson but it might have been a customized one. that guitar youre looking at with the standard 25.5 scale length the extra frets would be almost impossible to play cleanly at a decent clip because of how narrow the spacing between them is. not to mention how far away it pushes the neck pickup away from the desirable harmonic node where theyre usually mounted.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by dnamra13
that is one crazy guitar if it had a thin u neck shape (esp) i would buy it just to have a guitar with 27 frets. too bad it has that ibanez wizzard profile.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/cy/E-CY-165CTM.html
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
My bad the guitar i was talking about had 29 lol... but your not MAB so you dont need them :/
I see your 27 and raise you 36!

But seriously,that is one ugly ****ing guitar IMO ^

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Extra frets mean you can downtune the guitar without losing the normal high-end range you expect.
A 27 fretter means you can tune a step and half down and still have the same range as a 24-fret guitar tuned to E.
Really you don't need a guitar with more than 22 frets IMHO, I never use the last 4 or so anyway, having a 27 fret guitar is like having A 150 Watt Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier to play at small parties.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Really you don't need a guitar with more than 22 frets IMHO, I never use the last 4 or so anyway, having a 27 fret guitar is like having A 150 Watt Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier to play at small parties.

A bizarre analogy that I don't agree with.
Quote by Nolly
A bizarre analogy that I don't agree with.

right thats why the IMHO is there... Just to erase any doubt that I was speaking for you or anyone else.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by VanTheKraut
right thats why the IMHO is there... Just to erase any doubt that I was speaking for you or anyone else.

You're welcome to your opinion, I'm saying that your analogy is rather odd.
Caparisons had 27 frets on production model instruments long before Ibanez, as did ESP/Edwards.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
There's a point where you have to ask yourself "Is this really necessary?"
Waylon Ford of Halo Guitars makes 36-fret custom guitars for David Shankle How Spinal Tap is that ****? He might as well put an eight-coil pickup on it just like Nigel's
I ordered one the other day.
Progressive metal enjoys 27 frets of liberty.
Gear
Guitars
Music Man John Petrucci 6-String (Mystic Dream)
Ibanez S470DXQM (Moonburst)
Jackson JS30RR (Blue)
Silvertone Apocalypse
Amplifiers
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey Rage 158
Effects
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech Metal Master
Recommended threads
24+ Frets
God Am