so today while perusing the new dean guitars, I came across a new ML that had GETCHA PULL behind the bridge and I made a comment on the picture pretty much saying;
"A DIME amp and now this? It looks like Dean is really milking dime for all he's worth. And what of the quality? Liscenced tremolos rly?"

And much to my surprise, I recieved a response;

"
Hey Benjy

thanks for visiting our profile. I just want to clarify to you that the Dime guitars were designed by Dime prior to him being killed. He drew sketches of all of these guitars and with the help of his wife and brother Vinnie Paul we are slowly releasing these guitars that he created and thought of when he signed with Dean Guitars. So we are not milking Dime. We are helping continue his vision and helping to keep his memory alive and it means a lot to many young musicians..
...do you think your friends dreams should be ended if some idiot came killed them...or would you continue to honor their memory? we get a lot of requests for Dime product and the guy was super creative so we feel proud to honor our agreement/contract that we signed with him. Trust us, we are very sensitive to maintaining the integrity that he had as an artist and his family is very involved every step of the way.

aside from that...if it's super high quality guitars you want, take a look at our new USA and other 2009 models, some pretty cool stuff going on....
check out these videos..
http://www. deanguitars. com/deantv. php

keep rocking man...thanks for stopping by...

curse mackey
dean guitars

"

What you guys think?
I don't even shred
I think you should actually try it before you bash it
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by LazySandman
I think you should actually try it before you bash it

+1 This man speaks the truth. Its true with many things in life too!!
i'm suprised they responded,
he didnt design the stealth series did he?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
seems legit
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
i think dime is overrated and yea dean is sucking him up for all hes worth just like many other moneyvultures do with dead artists that cant defend themselves
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
the matt heafy rising sun sig looks sig, and has pretty decent specs

but i do think that they make way too many dime models. THey should just make fewer more expensive/higher quality models with his name,
Quote by ShredGod George
i'm suprised they responded,
he didnt design the stealth series did he?

The stealth is based on the Washburn models im pretty sure
I don't even shred
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
i think dime is overrated and yea dean is sucking him up for all hes worth just like many other moneyvultures do with dead artists that cant defend themselves

i believe what the dean guy said

dime was pretty design crazy aparently, i think its a good thing that they are bringin all his designs and stuff out, i know people are sick of it now but if dean didnt do anything to begin with you'd all probably be goin mental that dean didnt give a **** about dime
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Last edited by death_metaller at Feb 5, 2009,
The only dean I would get is the Razorback 255 Dimeslime. I don't like how almost every Dean has "DIME" on the headstock. Makes it feel like its not mine.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
The only dean I would get is the Razorback 255 Dimeslime. I don't like how almost every Dean has "DIME" on the headstock. Makes it feel like its not mine.

That's why I wanna do little visual mods to my ORM-1, so it looks like my guitar and not the guitar I stole from backstage at a Mars Volta show.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I didn't even know who Dime was when I bought my first Dean. You get a good one and it's a fine instrument.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i like dime guitars. i think their fairly original. ive never seen a razorback-simelar-design other than the dean ones.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

See what most idiots do is confuse Paint schemes with models. There really isnt that many Dime models just alot of different paint schemes. I have a razorback V jet black with OFR and it is hands down one of the best guitars I have ever played and I have had many in my 20 years of playing guitar.
Yeah well... Easy solution if you like Deans.

Get an ML series one. I have an ML Knight it's awesome, it feels like it's mine, not Dimebags cause it doesn't have the DIME logo on it.
That answer sounds pre-prepared. Like they just say, "Some one telling us we're milking Dime again? Send them the usual."

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised Dean hasn't done a Dean Culprit yet.

Anyone like it? I kinda like it. It's hard to find an Exployer/Z with a Floyd.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
1) You're being an ignorant tool
2) You're bashing something you haven't tried
3) Yes, Dean overdoes the Dime thing
4) Yes, imo, any guitar with "Dime" on it has the quality halved and the price doubled
5) No i'm not gonna whine to dean about it
Quote by darrenjables
That answer sounds pre-prepared. Like they just say, "Some one telling us we're milking Dime again? Send them the usual."

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised Dean hasn't done a Dean Culprit yet.

Anyone like it? I kinda like it. It's hard to find an Exployer/Z with a Floyd.

Wow, that really appeals to me for some reason.

I would definately buy that guitar if it didn't come with DIME all over it. (As much as I love dime, I don't love not putting my own touch onto a guitar. If it said DIME all over it like most of the other models, I would feel as if the guitar had been stuck to an idea and I wouldn't be able to push my uniqueness on it)
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
The response you got partially confirms what I said elsewhere- the only reason Dean is doing what it is doing with his name is that they had permission.

As for the guitars themselves, despite being a multiple Dean owner, I can't bring myself to buy one of the endorsed Deans (from any artists)- generally speaking, you'll find equivalent or better instruments within their other production lines for less money.

Note that I'm NOT saying the endorsed guitars are not good guitars. I'm just not willing to pay the premium for an artists' endorsement.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I think Dean are milking it for all it's worth. All the guitars are hideously overpriced because they have Dimes name on the headstock, and I've failed to be impressed by every one that I've played. Plus Razorbacks are ugly as sin.
Quote by zacharydak
Wow, that really appeals to me for some reason.

I would definately buy that guitar if it didn't come with DIME all over it. (As much as I love dime, I don't love not putting my own touch onto a guitar. If it said DIME all over it like most of the other models, I would feel as if the guitar had been stuck to an idea and I wouldn't be able to push my uniqueness on it)

You say that about almost any signature guitars though. IMO Every one I've played has felt limiting to some extent.

Another thing about Dean "milking" Dimebag. There's a YouTube video (durr) with winter NAMM 2005 (after Dime's death) showing the Dean booth. There's lots of Sketches and drawings from Dime. Some of them I recognized as ones in production now.

Also, he played about 10 different guitars per show.
For sale
Dean VMNT in Silver

PM For info!

My band
Just because Dimebag drew some sketches doesn't mean that all of them are worthwhile additions to the guitar world.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
Just because Dimebag drew some sketches doesn't mean that all of them are worthwhile additions to the guitar world.

Wow, you really are stupid. It was part of the contract that dean had with dime, and they fully intend on keeping it to rita and vinnie.

For what its worth, the best guitar i have ever played was a dime-o-flame, i used to be an esp fanboy, now its dean all the way. Im saving for a dean from hell.

It would be refreshing if people f*cked off to jackson and started saying how they are 'milking' rhoads' name How many decades have they been doing that for??? theyve 'milked' alot more money with the use of a name that dean have.

By the way TS. Dean are now going to start putting asian OFR's (same FR as on the £2000 Gibson LP axcess) on all dime models, it was due to contract that they had LFR's.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
Wow, you really are stupid. It was part of the contract that dean had with dime, and they fully intend on keeping it to rita and vinnie.

For what its worth, the best guitar i have ever played was a dime-o-flame, i used to be an esp fanboy, now its dean all the way. Im saving for a dean from hell.

It would be refreshing if people f*cked off to jackson and started saying how they are 'milking' rhoads' name How many decades have they been doing that for??? theyve 'milked' alot more money with the use of a name that dean have.

By the way TS. Dean are now going to start putting asian OFR's (same FR as on the £2000 Gibson LP axcess) on all dime models, it was due to contract that they had LFR's.

Really? Awesome.

Do you think it will be worth the wait for one? I'm getting a Dean ML 79F, I might just wait until it starts dieing and then install a tremsetter and/or an Gotoh Floyd Rose.

If I would wait, it would be until April/May... worth it? Might save me £50... but over 3 months might not be worth the wait.

Quote by Firewind Raging

That's a good point, but it's all part of the contract.

I got another idea, would it not be better to re-issue the Randall Warheads than to start a whole new series? (Hey, it's a thought!)
For sale
Dean VMNT in Silver

PM For info!

My band
Last edited by darrenjables at Feb 9, 2009,
Really? Awesome.

Do you think it will be worth the wait for one? I'm getting a Dean ML 79F, I might just wait until it starts dieing and then install a tremsetter and/or an Gotoh Floyd Rose.

If I would wait, it would be until April/May... worth it? Might save me £50... but over 3 months might not be worth the wait.
QUOTE]

Yo, if you specifically want a gotoh. get a 79ml now and put on the gotoh fr. Cause in a few months time, the asian ofr will be standard. I dont think the price will change thow. The 79's are excelent quality guitars.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!