i have the oppotunity to trade my 2006 Gibson SG Special Faded for a 1989 Gibson Explorer 83. Needless to say, my guitar is basically mint, and the other one is....weathered, at best. The pickups are seymour duncans, but other than that it's stock. its pretty beat up (its 20 years old for christs sake!), but the guy says he plays it every weekend. i am wary to think that someone would want an SG so bad as to trade his nearly vintage Explorer straight up. what do you guys think? think I should do it? I also have someone offering me $500 for my guitar, and I can get a 07 Epi Explorer for $300 at my local GC.

Explorer straight up trade or buy Epi w/ $200 leftover?

those are my options.
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
try playing it
most epiphone guitars aren't even close to most Gibson guitars
Your SG is probably much better than an Epi anything
Quote by D&DLover
try playing it
most epiphone guitars aren't even close to most Gibson guitars
Your SG is probably much better than an Epi anything

sorry to double post but i strongly disagree

my epi > my gibson
Quote by Zaxl_Rose
i have the oppotunity to trade my 2006 Gibson SG Special Faded for a 1989 Gibson Explorer 83. Needless to say, my guitar is basically mint, and the other one is....weathered, at best. The pickups are seymour duncans, but other than that it's stock. its pretty beat up (its 20 years old for christs sake!), but the guy says he plays it every weekend. i am wary to think that someone would want an SG so bad as to trade his nearly vintage Explorer straight up. what do you guys think? think I should do it? I also have someone offering me $500 for my guitar, and I can get a 07 Epi Explorer for $300 at my local GC.

Explorer straight up trade or buy Epi w/ $200 leftover?

those are my options.

imo, i'd take this deal... but that really is just my opinion. try the explorer out and you decide
Explorer ftw for me.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yeah, id go for the explorer too, dont see too many explorers compared to SGs around. Id definately test it out, even though buddy plays it every weekend, might still be some shoddy electronics or something. Giver a go, and see how she feels. Let us know what you decided.