Hey guys so i was wondering if anybody has any suggestion for material to use for soundproofing on the OUTSIDE of walls. The kind of stuff you hang and can take down later... obviously it won't cut out all the sound but just something to reduce it noticeably. I have auralex panels for cutting out reverb but thats not what im talking about really, just straight up deadening stuff, not dampening. Thanks for the help!
those cardboard egg cartons work i saw it in a movie u shud try it and ive also seen people use a mattress and stuff cuz the inside insnt hollow but isnt solid
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I was actually about to searchbar this, because I need some advice on this too, but I'll put it wherever. See my practice room is in my basement, and although on that level, it's not that bad for soundproofing (although it could be better), you can actually FEEL the drums through the floor on the ground floor.
Quote by herby190
...you can actually FEEL the drums through the floor on the ground floor.

In a house, I'm not so sure you're ever gonna prevent that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Egg cartons
The little cupholders (made out of the same material as the egg cartons)
Foam? I used to sleep on a foam mattress at my dads house and we cut it up for a talkbox project but it didn't work so I gave it to my friend and now it's hanging behind his drumset.
Same stuff you use inside would do it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by SteveHouse
In a house, I'm not so sure you're ever gonna prevent that.

Ceiling has removable panels between the basement ceiling and the floor, so we could have stuff on top of or off of the panels.