Hey guys our band's name is Clearwater and we have 2 new songs on our myspace page that we have wrote and are expecting lots more. We are a small band from Tennessee and we hope to start playing around more. We are pretty decent for our age and we have some really good lyrics...

The URL is www.myspace.com/clearwaterczt

We are saving to buy some better recording gear that's better than the Rockband USB mic that we are using now lol. We average in age at 13.5. So check us out and leave us a replies on what you think and you can also send us a request!
Last edited by Clearwater1234 at Feb 5, 2009,
you say you used a rock band USB mic but when i plugged mine into my laptop and used it to sing ino Audacity there was no change in volume
help?
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
Demoniac UK. I used mine as if i were recording a narration into a slideshow or video. So i would go to Windows Movie Maker then click narrate timeline and pick the recording device and then what volume i want it to be recorded on.

From there you can publish the recording to your computer as a music file.
Your almost a genious man. Theres easier ways to do it, but thats a good way to go about it.
Peace be thy journey
Thanks dude. That's the only way i can really think of doing it considering we have no software or alternative recording devices.
Quote by Clearwater1234
Demoniac UK. I used mine as if i were recording a narration into a slideshow or video. So i would go to Windows Movie Maker then click narrate timeline and pick the recording device and then what volume i want it to be recorded on.

From there you can publish the recording to your computer as a music file.

that's cool
did you do that for the instruments as well or do something different
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
No it was all simultaneous... We all just recorded all at the same time... But if you record that way, you have to wait around 30 seconds before actually starting, because at some point it makes the recording sound out of tune
Get a Bassist, you guys lack alot of low end
otherwise good job for using what you had. I can't really hear the vocals that much
Yeah we had a bassist, but i don't know if you would really call him a bassist at the time. We just let him go.
Its almost necessary to have a bassist if you're playing rock. They keep the groove and the sound together. The bass hits SO much of the Low end / Low mids frequency response it's not even funny. IF not just get a keyboardist to play bass notes.