OK so my ex-girlfriend's brother (who I'm mates with) is starting a cover band playing mostly mid-90s post grunge stuff (Live, Everclear, Bush etc) and he needs a new rig. He's a doctor, so he's pretty loaded and can afford or save for most gear.
He has two Fender Telecasters, one with a bridge humbucker.
What gear does he need to get? I know Gavin and Nigel from Bush used Mesa Boogies and I have a feeling there's an overdriven Fender somewhere in Everclear's sound, but I'm not sure.
And I may be joining his band as lead singer, so I want to make sure he's got good gear.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Everclear actually used Line 6 Vetta I amps. If you're going to be a cover band and change settings often to match the tone of the band, those are GOLDEN. If you want to stick with your own tone or just one tone, you'll need to compromise somewhere.
We're after the Sparkle and Fade tone rather than the later album tones. I don't think they had Vetta's then, but I might tell him to consider one. He wants to use his Expandadora for Bush stuff though, so that might not be a consideration.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales