what instruments did the sex pistols use? i tried googleing it but i couldnt find out, could some one help me out here?
Quote by sargasm
guitar, bass and drums

This.

Commonly used:
Steve Jones:

Sid Vicious:

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Lol... "Used".

Well I couldn't really say play, felt that was more appropriate as he used it to pretend

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Fender Twin Reverb
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Steve Jones used a Les Paul Custom through a Twin Reverb with Gauss speakers. I've also read that he used a MXR Distortion+ for a little extra overdrive sometimes. When the Pistols reformed, he used a Burny Les Paul copy and some sort of Marshall amp. I've also seen him pictured with a Les Paul Special (in the old days).

Sid Vicious used a P-bass. That's all I know about that. I think I remember seeing him with a Rickenbacker at some point, though.

I don't know anything about the drums.
Wasnt that white les paul of his stolen from the Rolling Stones or something?
But Glen Matlock and Steve played most of the bass on all the recordings and Glen used a rickenbacker. I think Sid only played on 2 tracks on Bollocks.
Last edited by FunkyFire at Feb 5, 2009,
A load of their gear was picked up from a Bowie show.

In the final days of the NY Dolls, Sylvain told McLaren to take his Les Paul to England, and he'd follow, but he never did. McLaren then gave the Les Paul to Jones, amazingly.

The guitar shop down the road has a replica of that guitar, it's rather nice, but £1500.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Rotten used an SM58, Cook used, I believe, a no-brand kit.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by FunkyFire
Wasnt that white les paul of his stolen from the Rolling Stones or something?
But Glen Matlock and Steve played most of the bass on all the recordings and Glen used a rickenbacker. I think Sid only played on 2 tracks on Bollocks.

I think Rotten claimed he stole a PA or speakers from Keith Richards house. It's probably bollocks though.
what the f*ck? The sex pistols used instruments? for what?
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by damn-right!
what the f*ck? The sex pistols used instruments? for what?

Well surprisingly, and this may come as a complete surprise to you and everyone in the world, they used their instruments to make music

Quote by MightyAl
i think steve used a les paul, not sure on drums, im pretty sure sid "held" a fender p-bass.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^