Just want to get your opinion on this.

If Michael Phelps did marijuana, yet is still one of the greatest, most athletic athletes in the world at the moment, does that say anything??

Why should they suspend him? It obviously hasn't had any negative affect on him.

I think it's ridiculous.
If you smoke from a bong, you're guaranteed 8 or however many gold medals he won.

Smoke from a bong!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
i was just reading this. He got taken of Kelloggs cerial label, suspended, removed from the 2012 olympics (maybe). I think they are overreacting
i think its lame some loser took a pic of him and a bong and reported him.

and no i dont think he should get suspended.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by Taygunov
i was just reading this. He got taken of Kelloggs cerial label, suspended, removed from the 2012 olympics (maybe). I think they are overreacting

That's insane.
Quote by Taygunov

If he actually loses any endorsements and advertisements deals, the company who made the bong he was smoking out of should endorse him.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Its all about image and being a "role model", it just doesn't look good. Its the parents/adults they have more of a say in him getting suspended and so that's probably why. And its only for three months right?
The only reason he's suspended is because he was caught.

I guarantee the majority of all the other Olympic athletes have at least smoked marijuana once in their life.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Never liked him in the first place.

I think he is too overhyped. I think it's cool he won 8 gold medals and all, but I know that the one race where he apparently beat the other dude by 0.01 second was rigged. I replayed that race 5 times and I saw the other dude win.

Oh but I'm actually with you guys on this, the guy in the pic didn't even look like him.
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..
Last edited by chromeguitars at Feb 5, 2009,
Like I said in another phelps thread. Its pot, he wasnt smoking crack or bangin' up heroin (chicago slang lol). Its ****ing pot. People need to lighten up on this ****. The ****ing news blows this up way too much. The guy won us a **** load of medals. I think if he wants to smoke a bong he can.
I like Scotch...... Its good
Quote by Just Andrew
The only reason he's suspended is because he was caught.

...and the only reason they are making a big deal over it is that he is Michael Phelps...

and American...
I love it
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by brandon369852
If you smoke from a bong, you're guaranteed 8 or however many gold medals he won.

Smoke from a bong!

i think that's exactly why they're overreacting. They're under the impression that this'll be a bad influence.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I think he should get another medal for smoking dope and still being a world class athlete.
███████████████████████████████████