will an amp effect make an off brand amp sound better? i got a small off brand amp with two tones one volume and overdrive, will it sound better with an effect? and if so what effect within a reasonable price would be best. also the amps not terrible sounding but id like to make it sound heavy er, or more punk rock.
NO...... im guessing you have those cheapo squire noname amp that came from the starter pack.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If you are a beginner a distortion pedal will sound awesome in your starter amp.
Okay then NO. Chances are nothing will make it sound better. You need to replace it.

Give us some sort of budget / music style / location?
NOOOOOO!

An amp is the single most important element in your tone (except for your fingers). It has the final say in what sound you hear. You can feed $10k worth of gear into it and it will still sound like crap.

Would you feed a fat guy power bars and expect him to run a 5k? No, but take a guy in shape (good amp) and feed him beer and pizza, and he'll still run pretty well.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
what pedal would be best iv heard good things about digitech hot heads and death metals but idk if their true
Has anyone else ever wondered about the subjectivity of tone? Like if you could really play out a "****ty" tone? I feel like that's where originality would come from, making something seemingly ****ty into something appreciated.

So you go kid and get some pedal and load it onto your Marshall mg 15 or whatever and kill it.
dude, we aren't talking pedals here, you need a new amp.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
i can borow a good amp til summer when i can buy one, but still what pedals are good, i can put at least 250 twords an amp
Quote by jpo1992
i can borow a good amp til summer when i can buy one, but still what pedals are good, i can put at least 250 twords an amp

you're a beginner right ??
so a vypyr 30 or a cube 30x will be good and you dont need pedals because they have built in Amp models and effects on them.
feel free to add me
Quote by jpo1992
pretty much, i can play the sex pistols and all the easy punk

well either the cube 30x, vypyr 30 or the valvetronix will do you good

vypyr = metal oriented
valvetronix = more of a hard rock type of modeling amp
cube = in the middle of the two amps
feel free to add me
Quote by jpo1992
pretty much, i can play the sex pistols and all the easy punk

Whats the "good amp" your borrowing?

EDIT:
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
vypyr = metal oriented
valvetronix = more of a hard rock type of modeling amp
cube = in the middle of the two amps

Er, I think the cube is definitely more of a hard rock oriented type modeling amp and the valvetronix is somewhere in the middle, or even softer. It has like 4 amp models of sheer fender cleans. Definitely the best for punk.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by jpo1992
a marshal

don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
don't be an MG
Quote by jpo1992
idk what kind, all i know is its a marshal and medium sized

does it have the word MG on it
can you post pics of it ??
feel free to add me
Quote by jpo1992
idk what kind, all i know is its a marshal and medium sized

Ack, okay. Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from that. If its "medium sized" its probably a Marshall MG which at the forum consensus is a terrble amp and I myself own one and I use it as a table. Its terrible.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT30-30W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483552

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

Those are all options, and for punk I'd go with the Valvetronix. Get your butt to a guitar center and try those out and see what you like best.
Quote by jpo1992
i don believe it has an MG

then dont be an avt
dont be an avt

ummm how many knobs does it have??
is it a tube amp??
feel free to add me
i don know the specifications i saw it once in his room and i know i can borrow it, but i appreciate the help so far