hey guys,
in one of my music production classes we had to write and produce 2 songs, (using midi and logic pro). my first song kind of sucked, but one of them turned out very well. It was selected to be in the music production/song writing recital. i dont see a whole lot of original jazz music around here, so i thought you all would like to hear it. any feedback is welcome. thanks for your time.

edit/ oh yeah, i forgot to mention, its on my profile. its called music production song.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
sorry man, but this isn't the place. go to the original recording section in the R&R forum.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
i thought about putting it there, but in the past i get no feedback because i dont put rock songs up there. i put country songs, jazz songs, and RnB songs.
besides, im just wanting to expose people to jazz and hopefully encourage some other people to try and write some jazz.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Ummm ya i dont know about this being the right place to post but who cares anyways. I liked it for the most part. My only problem was the bass, ill listen to it again but i think it was the same thing though-out the whole piece. I wish there would have been more interplay between the horns, the bass and the piano. But i dont know anything about music production so i don't know how hard it probably is. Good job for your inexperience in the field.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
it was the same part. i should have changed it up a bit, but it was time consuming because i had to play it all on a keyboard. i looked at it more as just being a demo. im going to transcribe it and have one of our schools ensembles play it.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Ya, it just made me kind lose interest. If there was a change in tempo, different bass licks, or like a climatic part it would be basically perfected. Do you just play everything into a computer off a keyboard and make like "loops" i guess?
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
i used a midi sequencer, and just play all the parts out. i looped part of the drums, but everything else i just played.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
well its a jazz and blues forum so why cant we have jazz. and i thought it was pretty awesome i know how hard it is to make song like that as i had classes on it as well, but i enjoyed it for the most part maybe seemed to drag on near the end but still good.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
yeah it is kind of a drag, but the more i do it the more i see benefit in it. its great for writing and making demos. obviously i wouldnt put that on an album, but i would use it as a scratch track. and you can get surprisingly realistic keyboard sounds that i use all the time on officially released stuff.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.