Page 1 of 3
Everyone in his class or whatever knows how to write their name except for him. It's been a month and my mom's been trying to teach him to write his name. Now she's basically forcing him and he was crying then me and my dad told her to stop. Now my mom is angry(kinda crying) saying that he's dumb etc. By the way my brother can't talk completely good yet. Although he understands most of what I say to him. He seems pretty intelligent anyways and is potty trained at a pretty early age. You think my mom's freaking out a bit much?
.... . / .-- .... --- / -- .- -.- . ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / .... .. -- ... . .-.. ..-. / --. . - ... / .-. .. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- .. -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / .- / -- .- -. .-.-.-
My parents are asian by the way.
.... . / .-- .... --- / -- .- -.- . ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / .... .. -- ... . .-.. ..-. / --. . - ... / .-. .. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- .. -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / .- / -- .- -. .-.-.-
Freaking him out of what.

edit: It's called editing your original post.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...

^^^ That is me...laughing at your misfortune...

And no, you parents have every right to be mad...they ARE Asian, after all.
Sometimes **** like this happens. I got kicked out of kindergarten and told I wasn't allowed to return until I tied my shoe laces. That night my mom sat me down and taught me well and the next day I went back to school.
Just give him some encouragement, I am sure he can do it if he has someone willing to help.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Tell her to stop being a bitch, and to stop comparing him to the other kids. Intelligence doesn't always show itself in the same forms in everyone at the same pace, and screaming at him isn't even remotely going to help him.
first time I read through I saw 4th grade, or thought it, not 4 years old. I couldn't write my name, and i'm smarter then most of the people in my class...in fact I wasn't in school till I was 6 yrs old
Quote by Berlin2222

there.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
He obviously develops differently. Yeah, she's getting pissed over somthing that isn't his fault. Maybe she should look into some special tutoring for him or even special classes. He may have a learning disorder, and the longer she lets it go on without doing somthing about it the worse it'll get. Not to mention he'll think it's his fault for being stupid when there's actually somthing wired differently in his brain.

Stick up for your brother and tell her to back off.

-Edit-
NVM, I thought it said 4th grade too. So what, he's 4 goddamn years old. A lot of kids can't write their name at 4 years old.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Feb 5, 2009,
Give him some time, he'll learn soon. Freaking out is probably not the best thing because it might scare him and make him think he's stupid. I'd say just give him some time, and keep teaching him, but not too harshly.
Quote by Berlin2222
By the way my brother can't talk completely good yet.

Whatever it is, its hereditary
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Berlin2222
Neither can you. Quit picking on him, geez.

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

that's should be the least of her worries, her son is in the pit
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by xyz66 at Feb 5, 2009,
Your mom needs a cup o' tea, not all kids learn at the same speed.

Or you could run away from home with your brother, maybe he's Canadian.

/e-cookie for reference.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

tell your mom to stop being such a try hard, you cant force him so much, give him time. Teach him in a less agressive manner. OR do contrary to what I just said, and beat him if he doesnt learn, thats what my dad did to me, and i can spleelss gud plz.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by Berlin2222

Clearly they just aren't eating enough rice and they are cranky as a result.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Coming from someone who has a younger brother that has a learning disability, I feel for you, if that is in fact the case. You have to be extremely patient with him and understand that he wants to learn it, but something simply prevents him from doing so.

It could be that he is just at an intellectual wall, one that he may overcome with time. I really hope this is the case, because I can't even look at my brother without wishing there was something I could do to help him. I wish you and your brother luck. However, you need to tell your parents to lay off and consider the fact that he may have some sort of learning disability. Your mother seems as if she is trying to deny that this is a possibility.

All the best.
Quote by Berlin2222
Everyone in his class or whatever knows how to write their name except for him. It's been a month and my mom's been trying to teach him to write his name. Now she's basically forcing him and he was crying then me and my dad told her to stop. Now my mom is angry(kinda crying) saying that he's dumb etc. By the way my brother can't talk completely good yet. Although he understands most of what I say to him. He seems pretty intelligent anyways and is potty trained at a pretty early age. You think my mom's freaking out a bit much?

This is the problem.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Don't worry about it. The other kids probably write their names with backwards e's anyways
Quote by Bushinarin
This is the problem.

I'd have him examined by the school psychologist. It sounds like he could have some form of autism. Better to have him checked out than traumatized.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

i used to write the E in my name with like 8 horizontal lines instead of 3

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by Riot Act
When I read the title, milk came out my nose.

I hope you were drinking milk.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by kaosfire
I'd have him examined by the school psychologist. It sounds like he could have some form of autism. Better to have him checked out than traumatized.

Are you serious???
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
You're parents need to chill out. I have 9 year old triplet little brothers two of which are mentally disturbed. Writing something on a piece of paper is the least of our problems.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by Jericho114
Are you serious???

Yes. Stunted speaking skills are actually a sign. And as you said, hes otherwise smart.

It fits, I'd just ask your parents to consider it.

Edit: i just realized you're not the OP. Yes im serious, but im not looking at the not writing part, im looking at the otherwise bright (potty trained early) but stunted communications with others. Like I said, it doesnt hurt just to have him examined.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Last edited by kaosfire at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by Bushinarin
I hope you were drinking milk.

I was not. I was drinking Full Throttle, but too ashamed to admit it. (plus that stuff really hurts when it goes up your nasal cavity)
Quote by Riot Act
I was not. I was drinking Full Throttle, but too ashamed to admit it. (plus that stuff really hurts when it goes up your anal cavity)

Freak.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by Berlin2222

hahahaha

Oh I love it so much!!! The irony burns!!!!

But seriously man, you've got nothing to worry about. He'll learn, it's just different for every one!

Quote by Jericho114
Sometimes **** like this happens. I got kicked out of kindergarten and told I wasn't allowed to return until I tied my shoe laces. That night my mom sat me down and taught me well and the next day I went back to school.
Just give him some encouragement, I am sure he can do it if he has someone willing to help.

I couldn't tie my shoes until 3rd grade
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by kaosfire
Freak.

I'm really glad it went from the fact that one word in the title is misspelled to me giving myself an energy drink enema.
Quote by Riot Act
I'm really glad it went from the fact that one word in the title is misspelled to me giving myself an energy drink enema.

lol im srry, it was just a perfect opportunity.

Thanks for the assist
Quote by Primus2112

Page 1 of 3