I have a floyd rose on my jackson guitar so now what?
What can i do with it?
I can bend better with my fingers = more accurate
I can do better harmonics (artificial/natural)

wtf are these divebombs i hear about?
other than those 3 things what are the real uses of a whammy bar, is it just for show?
Now you can play Slayer solos

A dive bomb is a sound a guitar makes that literally sounds like a bomb falling to the ground. I don't own a trem equipped guitar although I believe it involves pulling the bar away from the guitar (higher pitch) then a slow push of the bar towards the body of the guitar.

Also it will help with your tuning stability.

Experiment. Try look up some lessons on UG for using a whammy bar.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at Feb 5, 2009,
There was a quote in someone's sig about Slayer solos. Something to the effect of, "use only E-minor pentatonic, head-bang, and grab your whammy bar and jerk off."

I've seen divebombs done w/o raising it first.

If you want some really badass stuff, master the "Dime Squeal."
As I've just purchased a jackson myself recently, I wanted to learn Bad Horsie by Vai.

Obviously with the dives and what not I needed to learn how to do it.

For Divebombs, the technique that I learnt from the "dime squeals" video on youtube is that you pull the string down with your finger and let go, pusing down on the tremolo as you do it, then when you're low enough, tap the fret (best done on the 2nd - 5th on the G string) to get the harmonic and at the same time raise the bar.

or just skip my explanation and watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TpYcA9bSaU
Jackson DKMG
BC Rich Acrylic Warlock
Line 6 Flextone 3 Plus
Marshall 15cd
hey try a 'Satch Scream' i hear it involves you sliding up while you pat the whammy bar down then once youre high up the neck slide backwards. it looks awesome and it sounds awesome too
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
it's used for anyway you can think of to alter the pitch really.
dive, pull,vibratos, flutter, ect.

EDIT: there seems to be alot of FR threads floating around atm
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
divebomb(as i understand it) is a natural harmonic on about the 4th fret on the G string. play the harmonic then slowly push down on the tremolo arm to make the dropping sound.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by amd123
I have a floyd rose on my jackson guitar so now what?
What can i do with it?
I can bend better with my fingers = more accurate
I can do better harmonics (artificial/natural)

wtf are these divebombs i hear about?
other than those 3 things what are the real uses of a whammy bar, is it just for show?

A floyd doesn't make bending "more accurate", it just makes it harder because the bridge moves when you bend strings so you have to learn to compensate , and it's got absolutely sod all to do with how good you'll be at using harmonics.

So 2 of the "uses" you've identified don't even exist. you use a floyd exactly the same way you use any other trem, when you feel it's required. It either lowers pitch or raises pitch, that's all it does - how you use it is up to you, but the only thing to really keep in mind is not to overdo it so it becomes a crutch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
tapping while holding onto it gets some crazy sounds going, because with tapping your already moving your hand quite a bit, try it
Quote by ozy!d!ot
hey try a 'Satch Scream' i hear it involves you sliding up while you pat the whammy bar down then once youre high up the neck slide backwards. it looks awesome and it sounds awesome too

Satch usually does pinches on the open b and g strings then dives/raises the bar. He does some cool warbling too, like at the end of Surfing.