It's an Overdrive/Distortion OS-2 pedal. Got it from my older bro, he never really used it.

There are level, tone, drive, and color knobs. Everything sounds fine until I move the drive knob to about the 3 o'clock mark. From there on it emits a high pitched sound. Sort of a feedback squeal that remains nonstop until I start playing something. The further I move the knob past the 3 o'clock, the louder it gets. I've tried messing with all the knobs, my amp, guitar switchs/knobs, different guitars, etc. The only solution I could find was to turn the tone knob down to a certain level on any guitar I use, but I don't like using that option. It really ruins the tone. Anybody got any solutions to this problem?
To be at peace would be a sin. It's surely unAmerican.
it is the pedal...............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
its microphonic feedback i think.
just happens with some amps... the more distortion you throw at em the more noise you get.
only thing you can really do is either roll the volume down a little bit on your guitar til the noise gets cut, turn the gain or drive down on the amp/pedal, or get a better guitar/amp
Problem with Boss pedal?

ERROR: Does not compute
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The OS-2 is a decent pedal... what amp are you using with it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Thanks for the suggestions/tips dudes. Right now I've got it plugged up to a Peavey Microbass because it's the only amp I have, haha, and it's small enough to play in my room. I know it's a bass amp, but right now I don't have the money to go out and buy an amp. I've been using this one for years though as I play guitar for enjoyment although I did play bass in a band 4 years ago. When I start working again I think it's time to get me a real amp. A MAN's amp. I've tried many different amps, friends amps, etc. so I'm just starting to believe it's just the pedal.
So, your getting feedback when you run a cheap overdrive with the gain nearly maxed into a practice bass amp? Maybe, turn the gain down?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
So, your getting feedback when you run a cheap overdrive with the gain nearly maxed into a practice bass amp? Maybe, turn the gain down?

Well you'd be about right if numerous people that have owned the same pedal said theirs works fine and if I hadn't said that I tried my pedal on numerous amps, guitars, settings, etc. Maybe you should read whole posts before you post things like that.
Ok, so the pedal's broke, get rid of it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by ILIKEMUSICALOT
Well you'd be about right if numerous people that have owned the same pedal said theirs works fine and if I hadn't said that I tried my pedal on numerous amps, guitars, settings, etc. Maybe you should read whole posts before you post things like that.

so you've tried the pedal on numerous amps and guitars. did they work fine?

what i can say it it's most likely the amplifier. GENERALLY SPEAKING, SS amps, especially those 15 watts and below, tend to perform worse with a pedal compared to SS amps of higher wattage or all tube amps.
Last edited by daryle_goh at Feb 6, 2009,
Worked the same on everything I tried. I'm pretty sure I just need a new pedal, haha.
Buy a Noise Gate/Suppressor. Ideally you want an ISP Decimator, If you can't get that then MXR Smart Gate and worst case get a Boss NS/2, Boss distortion/OD's feedback like a mother****er, my DS-1 does massively. If a noise gate doesn't fix it buy a better pedal...Boss tend to be **** in a sturdy box.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by ILIKEMUSICALOT
Worked the same on everything I tried. I'm pretty sure I just need a new pedal, haha.

No, you need a new amp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com