dose having double jointed fingers affect your ability to play guitar? just wondering cause i got three.
the lead guitarist in my bands got double jointed fingers. they creep me and everyone else out. but they kinda speed up the process of getting more flexible n stuff.
realy? my pinky middle finger and the one in between the two are double joined, i can kinda move them like robot motions and twich them about
Quote by loudog93
paul gilbert does.

tl;dr: no.

Wow, what great input, posting "tl;dr" to a one-sentence message, cause that sure is funny on 4chan!! Reported

Back on topic: I'm double-jointed (I thought it was just thumbs-only, not fingers?) and it helps a ton with my bass playing, my thumb is always flat against the neck, comes in handy when going to the 12th fret area, I couldn't imagine not being able to do it, would really slow me down. I'm sure it's always a bonus to add to your style of playing.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
it depends on the person really. to some people it's a blessing, to other's it's hell
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
i had a friend who played guitar with double jointed fingers and it made playing barre chords harder because of (a) awkwardly placed joints and (b) inability to tense forefinger. but i don't know if it's like that with everyone
Quote by Helbent Revenge
Wow, what great input, posting "tl;dr" to a one-sentence message, cause that sure is funny on 4chan!! Reported

Wow, what great input, reporting a a message that answer's the question, cause that sure is funny in the pit!!
Quote by Zycho
Seeing as how double joints aren't real, no.

not really literally, but as a term referring to the ability which is refers to, it might. Stop acting like a smart ass.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Helbent Revenge

Back on topic: I'm double-jointed (I thought it was just thumbs-only, not fingers?) and it helps a ton with my bass playing, my thumb is always flat against the neck, comes in handy when going to the 12th fret area, I couldn't imagine not being able to do it, would really slow me down. I'm sure it's always a bonus to add to your style of playing.

You can't report somebody for making a bad joke (and you seem to be the only one holding that opinion).

tl;dr: sack up nancy boy
all my fingers r double jointed and from wht ive seen makes my playing alot easier...i put my thumb on the back of my neck and it bends back all the way(my thumb can bend back and touch itself) and help me play faster than all my friends...but as for my pinky finger it kinda sux cuz every time i try to use it it bends all weird and sideways but i got use to it...
Quote by Zycho
Seeing as how double joints aren't real, no.

No kidding. Lol! Double jointed? Right.
Quote by Da Squiz
not really literally, but as a term referring to the ability which is refers to, it might. Stop acting like a smart ass.

What exactly is the ability to which it refers? Lol! There is no such thing. Stop spreading rumors that aren't true. Finger flexibility has nothing to do with being "double jointed".
Quote by gtmom
What exactly is the ability to which it refers? Lol! There is no such thing. Stop spreading rumors that aren't true. Finger flexibility has nothing to do with being "double jointed".

Double jointed is term commonly used to refer to a condition called hypermobility. It certainly does exist. here
Quote by apython
Double jointed is term commonly used to refer to a condition called hypermobility. It certainly does exist. here

That's an interesting link and some pretty creepy pictures. I'd say most who are calling themselves "double jointed" in this thread don't have quite that variation in flexibility. That thumb will give me nightmares.
Quote by zaduma
What a dick man.

TL;DR: You're a dick.

Agreed.

TL;DR: Ya

Haha in all seriousness though, it should not cause problems at all. It would actually help with long stretches along the fretboard.
Quote by Helbent Revenge

What? Why the hell did you report him? Faggot.

Seriously, there's no point in reporting someone for saying tl;dr.

Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Double jointed fingers are not so much of a problem as a double jointed thumb. My thumb bends backward at the middle knuckle. It makes it difficult to hold a bar chord and causes extreme pain after playing an hour or so. (Maybe I'm just getting old)
Quote by Helbent Revenge

ahahahahahaha. I get it! your an annoying jerk. Jokes arent reportable. That one wasnt breaking any rules.

tl;dr Nobody likes you. Go away
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem