hey all whats good?
anyways i borrowed my cousins guitar back in december and bought a book to help me learn..ernie balls big soudning chords or something like that..anyway i learn the 3 chord blues progression and otheer keys in it and such when i lent it to a friend and i havent gotten it back since, so i tried playing some tabs and stuff and have learned 7 nation army minus the solo, the main riff on smoke on the water, main riff on sunshine of your love, intro to day that never somes, and all of like a stone by audioslave.
I'm not really sure as to what to learn next, i wanted lessons but my family or i cant afford it, i tried learning some songs like stairway to heaven and sweet home alabama bought thought they were to difficult...
so if someone could point me in the proper direction that would be solid
scales : ) pentatonics
"I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing"
-Jimmy Page

CAPTAIN OF PITTOWN AIRFORCE BASE

Quote by sglover34479
Okay ou are the official Airforce captain. Employ whoever the hell you want just check em in check with often rapings.

blues scales, run them, just do a search on this site, if you go for songs you wont learn guitar, you will learn songs
Music is based predominantly around scales. Practice playing scales and your fingers/picking hand will be used to doing a lot of the motions/combinations you will find in songs. In short learn scales = theoretically easier to play songs.
i dont know scales. i just taught myself songs i found tabs for and slowly got good at alot of skills, especially fingerpicking. took a lot of practice :O
Quote by RozzLe
i dont know scales. i just taught myself songs i found tabs for and slowly got good at alot of skills, especially fingerpicking. took a lot of practice :O

proving that scales are more efficient

also, play a solo, do it now, how easy is it without knowing scales
Quote by RozzLe

Songs expose you to a lot of different techniques, which is good. But if you learn scales well you should find it easier to play songs overall as you can already play common patterns well. Play songs by all means but scales will make learning them easier and will make it easier to jam with other people once you know how to apply them.