ok guys i just bought a used Boss rv-3 reverb and delay...i have never heard of this pedal before but i wanted to get a reverb or a dealy and i saw this at my local gc and decided to pick it up and get it a try....i am having a weird popping noise comming out of my amp every once and a while when the pedal is turned on..its not really really loud but its noticeable...anyways....my question is what is causing this popping sound and how can i stop it???
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD MH-1000 String Thru w/SD's (brown ftw!)
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb Pedal
Line 6 Spider III combo
There is probably a loose soldering joint somewhere inside. Does the sound drop out when it pops or is the popping heard over top your normal sound?
its just over the top...the sound isnt affected that much....definitely does not drop...
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
Did you try changing the battery if you are using one or using one if you are using a power supply?
its using a brand new battery and yes i did change it but it still happens...it only happens once in a while..not too often
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
Then it is most likely a problem with either the connections of the components or the components inside. Take the pedal back IMO.
taking it back is like a last resort man...if its a problem that can be fixed then im sure i can do it myself without taking it back...anyone else have an opinion on this???
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo