Its a fairly new machine that allows for extremely precise set ups. It shaves your frets, adjusts your nut, and I believe it indicates how much neck adjustment is needed. Im sure it does all kinds of other things, but i havent read to much about it. I know lakland has started doing it to their basses, and they seem to be pushing it pretty hard. Anyway, I was just curious if anybody has had any experience with a pleck'd bass.
Quote by esposito123
Its a fairly new machine that allows for extremely precise set ups. It shaves your frets, adjusts your nut, and I believe it indicates how much neck adjustment is needed. Im sure it does all kinds of other things, but i havent read to much about it. I know lakland has started doing it to their basses, and they seem to be pushing it pretty hard. Anyway, I was just curious if anybody has had any experience with a pleck'd bass.

... where would you get a bass "pleck'd"...?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I've never, but it'd be nice. I'm sure the frets could use a little dressing after 2 years of Rotosounds. However, I like a very strange setup on my bass, so I don't know if I'd want the PLEK to touch that. I like a nearly flat neck, with maybe a thin pick's worth of neck relief, and relatively high action. I like to dig in with my right and tiptoe with my left.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I could certainly stand to get my nuts shaved and adjusted.

To answer the question, I haven't. None of the plek'd Skylines have made it to my local shop yet. However, it'd be interesting to see how it would benefit my Warwicks. They're set up perfectly as it is, and they don't move enough to warrant plunking $200 down on a fancy setup.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Last edited by mountaindew88 at Feb 6, 2009,