Possibly looking for deals on guitars with shops blowing out stk or closing down. Has anyone come across any yet? You never know....
Nope. I'm loyal to my local shops even in times of hardship, and even when stuff like a Les Paul Supreme won't sell now, I've seen plenty of sales in a local family-owned shop I truly love.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Local shops ftw. GC is just for trying new flashy **** out and for racking up funny stories to tell on here
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Local shops ftw. GC is just for trying new flashy **** out and for racking up funny stories to tell on here

Agreed, plus the employees at local shops are much better IMO. My only complaint is whenever I play something $1,000 or more I have one watching me like a vulture. Often I've thought of wanking on an expensive strat and breaking some strings just for reactions from them.

But yeah, as long as strings cost $5 a pack, guitar shops will never close down.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Similar situation here. I played a Clapton signature Strat today and this guy was standing two feet away watching over my shoulder the whole time. He pitched a fit because as I was adjusting the guitar's position on my leg, I accidentally yanked the string with my pick in thr middle of the neck. It didn't even break, just went slightly flat --_--
The shop where I live closed down jan 1st. Only thing I really got there was strings and picks. Only amps they carried were spiders and only had low end guitars. Good guys to deal with when I did need something. Next city has a music store but I dont like dealing with em I only go there as a last resort. They are heavy smokers so everything has that stench on it until it airs out for a while.