Looking to replace pickups in my LP custom, the 490/498 are just average, nothing to write home about. Ive used superstrat sytled guitars up until i got an LP, (which Im glad i made the switch by the way) and im not sure what sounds good, and what doesnt sound good in these hunks of wood.

I play mostly heavier stuff, but lots of alternative stuff too. I'm looking for a more agressive voiced, not too trebly combo, with good cleans in the neck. Im open to any brand, passive is optimal, but i wont be biased with active, and for now price isnt an issue, within reason.

Suggestions?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Were you the guy I suggested WCR Fillmores to? (I feel like I've done so a lot lately), if not, then WCR Fillmores.

Moderate output (~10k neck, ~13k bridge). Slight high end roll off (sort of, retains a lot of bite, but without the edgy grind)

$260 for a pair. Really very versatile pickups, clean up great with your volume, incredible clarity, and very open, earthy tone, that retains harmonic complexity without excessive noise (courtesy of Jim Wagner's special potting). Perfect for heavier classic hard rock styles and alternative rock as well. I know the guys in Buckcherry use them.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 6, 2009,
put some searchbars in there man.

check the stickies for the pickup thread
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
put some searchbars in there man.

check the stickies for the pickup thread

Oh man your original. Searchbar never comes with up anything useful, imo.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
hence the actual advice below.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
ah, looked, didnt find anything to really suit my needs. those sticky threads never seem to help me very much to tell the truth.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412