when i send my guitar off to be setup how long does that generally take? i need a timeframe in which i will have to use my acoustic
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
It honestly varies widly between techs, my tech in the only one nearby so its usually 10 days for a setup just cause he has so many guitars to setup cause anyone that needs something done goes to him.

It can be as long as that or as short as a few hours like I said it varies depending on the tech.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
It depends on how much you need your truss rod adjusted. If you don't need it adjusted it would only take about 1 hour. If you need it adjusted lots it could take 2 weeks or even more.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
My guitar teacher did a full restringing and setup of my strat in under half an hour. Then again, he's been a touring self-supported professional and his own techie for 40+ years, so it's to be expected. Honestly though, as long as you don't mind my crap restrinigng, I could get it done in about an hour. Just do it yourself in the future, and if it's taken a week or more by now, go there, demand it and your money back(they'll probably say no on the refund, but what the hell, give it a shot), and take it to just a guy that you know can do good guitar setups, that works from out of his house, he'll probably let you sit there while he sets it up and do it immediately.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
actually the main prob with the guitar is just the action, basically the action at the top (1,2,3 etc) is too low, so basically its just sitting on top of the frets, and the action just gets higher and higher as you go up the neck. so how long would that process take?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

What kind of guitar is it?

Ibanez RX-70, the bridge is strat style, see profile for images. yknow, the tailpiece and it has a small hole to attach a whammy bar. but i dont use that cause it just dosent hold. but at the moment the action is slightly screwed.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

Hmm...one of two things I believe then. It's either the intonation, which can be fixed via the saddles at the bridge, which takes about 20-30 minutes(probably the bigger thing on a tremolo-equipped guitar), or the truss rod, which, provided they have a proper screwdriver and allen wrench, should take all of ten minutes at most. Again, I've only seen guitar setups, never done them, so I could be wrong, but that's what I'd guess it is.