Ok, I ran my b-52 at-100 all-tube amp head without a load because I connected the line-out to a set of computer speakers.

I ran the amp for about 10 minutes and didn't realize what I had done until days later.

During playing I noticed a squealing from one of the overdrive channels, like the tube had been blown.

My question: With the line out connected to a set of small speakers, can I still damage the head because of no load connected?
Are you out of your mind? I mean, really?

In answer to your question...an unequivocable, never been so sure of anything in my entire life...yes.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Why Do People Run Their God Damn Heads Through Computer Speakers?! Wtf Is Wrong With Yall
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Considering those aren't the most rock solid amps, I'd be worried about long term damage. If it still works count yourself lucky. I'd probably considering replacing the output tubes since you certainly caused them a great deal of damage.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1 Kev
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by hollow2010
Ok, I ran my b-52 at-100 all-tube amp head without a load because I connected the line-out to a set of computer speakers.

I ran the amp for about 10 minutes and didn't realize what I had done until days later.

During playing I noticed a squealing from one of the overdrive channels, like the tube had been blown.

My question: With the line out connected to a set of small speakers, can I still damage the head because of no load connected?

How in the world do you not realize that you did this until days later?
if you run the speaker box out of the line out, does that cause damage too?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Yes, you have to have a properly rated load (resistance and wattage wise) connected to the output of the amp. The line-out has NOTHING to do with the, for lack of a better word, "true" output of the amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^yep, TS is lucky if his OT is not blown out. And replacing a blown out OT on that setup would cost more than the amp is even worth. Especially if one has to trouble shoot other areas of the amp that may potentially be damaged by a fried OT.
So, I must ask...............computer speakers. Why.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
1. I am crazy

2. I was so eager to play through my amp head that I forgot damage is caused by not playing through a load.

3. The amp is too loud for my house when plugged into a cab.
New Question: Does this error justify selling the one I currently own and purchasing a brand new one, or should I find a repair guy?
Quote by hollow2010
New Question: Does this error justify selling the one I currently own and purchasing a brand new one, or should I find a repair guy?

I don't think someone like you could justify getting another tube amp, you owe that poor B-52 a fix, murderer.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I don't think someone like you could justify getting another tube amp, you owe that poor B-52 a fix, murderer.

I know, I feel ashamed. I love this amp, it's a great amp and a great value. I'm taking it in to assess the damage tomorrow.