Poll: If there was a conspiracy like the one mentioned below, would you want to know?
Poll Options
View poll results: If there was a conspiracy like the one mentioned below, would you want to know?
Yes
49 88%
No
7 13%
Voters: 56.
...I think they do raise one interesting question:

If there was a conspiracy like the 9/11 conspiracy theories, where the government was responsible for the deaths of thousands of its own people, would you want to know, or would you like to continue living as you are now?

At first, I think "Yeah, I'd want to know", but when I think more into it, it does become more debatable. I'd still have to say I would want to know though.

Anyways, poll up soon.
no way, just because it would make more annoying conspiracy theorists desperately grasping at straws.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'd rather know for sure the government are lying, homocidal, greedy bastards , as opposed to just think it with no real proof.
Of course I would like to know the truth...

I think it's funny though, all the 911 conspiracy theorists think that we're all blind with pro war propaganda blah blah... in reality they don't have a brain between them. They are just a bunch of sheep following their leaders

exactly the same thing as PETA.... who's leader uses insulin shots developed in an animal testing lab btw...
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Well, if I was given the option it would blow my mind so I'd have to know, but if nothing were ever mentioned then I'd prefer that. Basically like this, if a girl were to say go on having sex and asked you if you would rather no or not. I'd answer yes, but if she were to go on screwing other dudes and I was never given any hint, I'd rather not know. If this all makes any sense?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Well, if I was given the option it would blow my mind so I'd have to know, but if nothing were ever mentioned then I'd prefer that. Basically like this, if a girl were to say go on having sex and asked you if you would rather no or not. I'd answer yes, but if she were to go on screwing other dudes and I was never given any hint, I'd rather not know. If this all makes any sense?

Blue pill?
Red pill or blue pill?

Given the choice, I doubt many people would actually make the decision just because there really isn't ever an opportunity to make it.

On one hand, the People would know the truth, but that could lead to HUGE problems.
And on the other hand, the People would live without knowing.

As noble as it is to want to know the truth, ignorance truly is bliss. I doubt many people would be ready to know the truth if there were such a conspiracy.

All this said, I'd like to say that I'd always pick the red pill, but deep down I know that there are some things I'd rather not learn. Like goatse.
Last edited by dudius at Feb 6, 2009,
I would take the red pill yes. I would want to know rather than live in a bubble protected from reality.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
i'm going to try and write this without sounding retarded, because i know that most people on here are so totally against the 9/11 conspiracies that i will be murdered for presenting any idea which differs from the common thought.

i've found that most people reject the idea that 9/11 was a conspiracy without really giving the evidence that the theorists have a chance.

to me, this is sort of like accepting atheism without ever having given any religion a chance.

dont misunderstand me here - i am an atheist, and i dont believe that the US government was the instigator of 9/11.

but to accept that there is nothing is turning a blind eye to the possibility that there is something, which is no less ignorant than to consider minute and insignificant details as part of a government cover-up.

what i'm trying to say is that most people have already taken the blue pill and accepted that there was no conspiracy without first giving the possibility of the opposite a chance.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
i'm going to try and write this without sounding retarded, because i know that most people on here are so totally against the 9/11 conspiracies that i will be murdered for presenting any idea which differs from the common thought.

i've found that most people reject the idea that 9/11 was a conspiracy without really giving the evidence that the theorists have a chance.

to me, this is sort of like accepting atheism without ever having given any religion a chance.

dont misunderstand me here - i am an atheist, and i dont believe that the US government was the instigator of 9/11.

but to accept that there is nothing is turning a blind eye to the possibility that there is something, which is no less ignorant than to consider minute and insignificant details as part of a government cover-up.

what i'm trying to say is that most people have already taken the blue pill and accepted that there was no conspiracy without first giving the possibility of the opposite a chance.

My number one problem with the large majority of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists is that they automatically assume that you haven't "researched" it. Once that assumption is made they take on this "holier-than-thou" condescending attitude that drives me ****ing crazy. As if they are somehow more intelligent than the rest of us because they are "in the know" because they watched some mis-informed documentary or subscribe to some website or something.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
My number one problem with the large majority of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists is that they automatically assume that you haven't "researched" it. Once that assumption is made they take on this "holier-than-thou" condescending attitude that drives me ****ing crazy. As if they are somehow more intelligent than the rest of us because they are "in the know" because they watched some mis-informed documentary or subscribe to some website or something.

it's the same with preachers. it doesnt mean that they're inherently wrong.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0

No, I never said that they were wrong. But their attitude is not condusive to an intelligent debate whatsoever.

I have done plenty of my own research into what went on those days. 9/11 and, unlike most people, I've actually read Rebuilding America's Defenses. I've spoken with Alex Jones and I've spoken with people who actually might know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to the physical aspects of the events of those days.

I am all down for discussing the events, however I reserve judgement based on my own opinions. What I won't stand for is some kid coming in here and saying "Man, you are so close-minded to the truth! You're just a slave to government propaganda." That just makes me want to get violent.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by instagata0

it's a huge turnoff, though.

i'm a Christian, and i can't stand it when people say "as a sinner, you must repent" when it's so much better to say "as sinners, we must repent." there are millions of other things that are said one way but when "you" is replaced with "we", things sound much more inviting and down-to-earth.
Last edited by dudius at Feb 6, 2009,
My favorite argument is the whole it collapsed like a controlled demolition. I mean, how else would it collapse? It was weakening from the inside. The force that would have knocked them sideways had already hit. When something is weakening on the inside you would expect it to fall in on itself, not tumble over with no push.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Somebody just watched V for Vendetta.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I would rather be brought to my knees by the truth than stand freely in a lie. The implications, well I could only guess, but I'd much rather know.