Hi, just a quick question about the edge pro on my RG1570

I am adjusting the bridge height, just to confirm, turing the bolts clockwise will lower the bridge yeah?

Thanks
RG's & Mesa's
it should.
just do yourself a favor and remove the strings from the bridge and remove the bridge Completely before turning the posts.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
it should.
just do yourself a favor and remove the strings from the bridge and remove the bridge Completely before turning the posts.

What?

Hes adjusting the bridge height so why would he remove it that makes no sense. Dont listen to this guy I believe clockwise lowers it but im not certain on that. If you did remove the bridge god its a bitch to get back in trust me ive done it before.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
What?

Hes adjusting the bridge height so why would he remove it that makes no sense. Dont listen to this guy I believe clockwise lowers it but im not certain on that. If you did remove the bridge god its a bitch to get back in trust me ive done it before.

he's cause friction and possibly damage the knife edges, which in turn will cause him to lose tuning stability.

yes it is a bitch to put back, but maintenance on a FR is a bitch to begin with.
FYI,i have that guitar so i think i know what i'm talking about.

EDIT: if you learn to live with FR bridges, it becomes less of a pain in the ass. i've removed my bridge completely many times and i've had my guitar setup up back again in less than 15 min.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by SomebodySomeone
he's cause friction and possibly damage the knife edges, which in turn will cause him to lose tuning stability.

yes it is a bitch to put back, but maintenance on a FR is a bitch to begin with.

I didnt mean to be mean or say that you are unknowledgable it kinda came off the wrong way. I was always told that you can adjust the height with the strings on/trem still on I was mistaken apparently. Ive only done it once cause it was set up professionally when right after I bought mine.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by SomebodySomeone

EDIT: if you learn to live with FR bridges, it becomes less of a pain in the ass. i've removed my bridge completely many times and i've had my guitar setup up back again in less than 15 min.

FYI, don't bitch back. He knows more than you could ever hope to know about Ibanez guitars. There's no reason to have to remove the bridge if you're lowering it. In a literal sense, you'd actually be raising it
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I didnt mean to be mean or say that you are unknowledgable it kinda came off the wrong way. I was always told that you can adjust the height with the strings on/trem still on I was mistaken apparently. Ive only done it once cause it was set up professionally when right after I bought mine.

no worries, i didn't take any offence

you can raise the bridge without removing anything, but you have to remember, you have the posts(steel) grinding against the knife edges(steel) which will damage them.

i've done most of the maintence on my guitar ever since i lost faith in shops. for instance my strat was suppose to be intonated and was still playing like crap. when i had my RG1570 in the shop to get a trem setter installed, not only did they take forever, it didn't stay in tune at all. on top of that i noticed some major fret buzz going up the neck. 150 wasted on a "pro setup"

i had to fix it myself. now it plays like a dream.

EDIT: Victoria,
sorry if i sound rude, but how do you know that i'm not as knowledgeable on ibanez guitars as him?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
no worries, i didn't take any offence

you can raise the bridge without removing anything, but you have to remember, you have the posts(steel) grinding against the knife edges(steel) which will damage them.

i've done most of the maintence on my guitar ever since i lost faith in shops. for instance my strat was suppose to be intonated and was still playing like crap. when i had my RG1570 in the shop to get a trem setter installed, not only did they take forever, it didn't stay in tune at all. on top of that i noticed some major fret buzz going up the neck. 150 wasted on a "pro setup"

i had to fix it myself. now it plays like a dream.

Yeah I wanna get into repair myself but I need to get a cheaper floyd guitar so that I dont have to mess up my RG

EDIT: Hes right he prolly knows as much or more than me. Im not wrong on ibanez guitars very often but he is correct here.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah I wanna get into repair myself but I need to get a cheaper floyd guitar so that I dont have to mess up my RG

EDIT: Hes right he prolly knows as much or more than me. Im not wrong on ibanez guitars very often but he is correct here.

it's not that hard actually. teh RG1570 is my first floyd guitar. you just have to be very dedicated. i kid you not when i tell you for the first week i had my RG i did not play it. i spent hours daily looking at it and examining the bridge. hell i took the entire thing apart and put it back together before i was satisfied

don't worry man. i didn't mean to come off strong either. i really enjoy guitars and hate to argue over who's right and who's wrong. we can always learn something new. after all, we're all here to help each other, no?

TS, just like i mentioned before you should take your time and remove the bridge to prevent any damage to the knife edges. screw the posts down and put the bridge back on. might take you a while, but if you value your tuning stability you should.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
it's not that hard actually. teh RG1570 is my first floyd guitar. you just have to be very dedicated. i kid you not when i tell you for the first week i had my RG i did not play it. i spent hours daily looking at it and examining the bridge. hell i took the entire thing apart and put it back together before i was satisfied

don't worry man. i didn't mean to come off strong either. i really enjoy guitars and hate to argue over who's right and who's wrong. we can always learn something new. after all, we're all here to help each other, no?

TS, just like i mentioned before you should take your time and remove the bridge to prevent any damage to the knife edges. screw the posts down and put the bridge back on. might take you a while, but if you value your tuning stability you should.

Yeah that is true I learn something new everyday about guitars, I love it. I dont like to argue really either I just have a strong resistance to someone telling me YOUR WRONG which you didnt Ik im just sayin.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
yeah i hate that "I'm right, You're wrong" attitude. instead of arguing to prove a point they should come to a mutual understanding. and instead of the ****ty know-it-all attitude, people should pass on their knowledge in a non bitchy way.

Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone

No he's not, at least no more than is already present in the system, everything moves together so it's not an issue. If the bridge post was sliding against the knife edge then fair enough, but that obviously doesn't happen because that would mean the action wouldn't change when you adjusted the bolts with the strings on. There's already friction there, it's what's holding the knife edge in place, everyday whammy use will cause far more fluctuation in friction than a simple action adjustment. Not to mention that the Edge Pro is built like a tank, my Lo Pro is 15 years old and is still razor sharp, and I've never taken the strings off to adjust the acton, it's not like it's something you do every day anyway.

There's no reason whatsoever to take the strings off for a simple action adjustment, and taking the bridge off is plain daft...the posts are just a means to an end, what you're changing is the height of the strings, and how can you adjust something when you can't actually see what you're adjusting?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
No he's not, at least no more than is already present in the system, everything moves together so it's not an issue. If the bridge post was sliding against the knife edge then fair enough, but that obviously doesn't happen because that would mean the action wouldn't change when you adjusted the bolts with the strings on. There's already friction there, it's what's holding the knife edge in place, everyday whammy use will cause far more fluctuation in friction than a simple action adjustment. Not to mention that the Edge Pro is built like a tank, my Lo Pro is 15 years old and is still razor sharp, and I've never taken the strings off to adjust the acton, it's not like it's something you do every day anyway.

There's no reason whatsoever to take the strings off for a simple action adjustment, and taking the bridge off is plain daft...the posts are just a means to an end, what you're changing is the height of the strings, and how can you adjust something when you can't actually see what you're adjusting?

i guess i stand corrected
well i've always done it that way just to be on the safe side. meh
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I can see where you're coming from, but action adjustments are nearly always adjust, look at height, play around with it a bit...if it's not feeling right or sounding right adjust again , rinse and repeat until it's sorted. You'd be there forever if you were taking all the strings and bridge off in between each adjustment, not to mention the amount of strings you'd get through because there's no way you're getting the old strings back in the bridge once you've unlocked them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
I can see where you're coming from, but action adjustments are nearly always adjust, look at height, play around with it a bit...if it's not feeling right or sounding right adjust again , rinse and repeat until it's sorted. You'd be there forever if you were taking all the strings and bridge off in between each adjustment, not to mention the amount of strings you'd get through because there's no way you're getting the old strings back in the bridge once you've unlocked them

well, being that i CANNOT STAND BEING OUT OF TUNE, i have spent forever getting my guitar if perfect playing condition, and by forever i mean a whole week straight
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']get a girlfriend, or at least some cheap pussy.

huh?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
you claim to spend a week straight getting your guitar into perfection of tuning. get a girlfriend. much more fulfilling
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you claim to spend a week straight getting your guitar into perfection of tuning. get a girlfriend. much more fulfilling

phsss i can make my guitar scream louder then you could ever make a girl.

nuff said

girlfriends are nice but a floyd.. i stick with tail pieces so i can deal with the best of both worlds, not worring about the hassle of tuning my guitar so i can play with my girlfriend more.... i mean guitar hahaha
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by SomebodySomeone
well, being that i CANNOT STAND BEING OUT OF TUNE, i have spent forever getting my guitar if perfect playing condition, and by forever i mean a whole week straight

me too, bur you can stay perfectly in tune without having to removing the bridge and restring every time you want to do a trivial action adjustment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you claim to spend a week straight getting your guitar into perfection of tuning. get a girlfriend. much more fulfilling

it's true! when i first got my RG back in '08 i literally spent the entire first week getting the bridge leveled and in perfect tuning. after that i stopped spending too much time on tuning. but i still frequently check it in case it goes out of pitch.

EDIT:@seagull
when i first got it, it wasn't setup. so everytime i used the trem it's go horribly out of tune. so i spent that whole week getting it perfect. i even made a thread or 2 if memory serves me correctly. plus i removed the bridge to be able to apply chapstick on the knife edges AND just to be on the safe side like i mentioned before, cuz i had fretbuzz like a Mother****er going past the 15th fret.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
mine was setup like a dog when I got it too It used to lose tuning too, but that's because nobody told me about stretching strings for about 3 years....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

my ZR trem came unleveled too
but because of the ZR systen it took 10 minutes to level it
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H