my apologies if i should have searched this better first, all i want is a quick answer to my question. dont yell at me about being stupid please.

so i'm looking into how much it would cost to get a new/decent amp. i'm looking at a 30 watt tube amp, but would like to get a better speaker for it if i get it. would i blow out a 25 watt speaker? or would it work alright with that?
You'd probably be alright. That being said, you might as well get one of the proper wattage to be safe, especially if you plan on cranking it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
keep it under 5 and you'll be fine
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Since you're looking to replace the speaker anyway, why not just get a speaker with 50 watt handling?
Quote by al112987
Since you're looking to replace the speaker anyway, why not just get a speaker with 50 watt handling?

that would be what i might do if this wouldn't work out. figured it was worth asking about...

thanks for the help guys. i appreciate it
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
-1 John 2:17
a greenback in a peavey classic 30. i've played that combo before and really liked how it sounded. although the tubes were changed out too... that's affordable enough for me while sounding good enough for what i need it for.
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
I think eminence makes a 60 watt greenback, the private jack if I'm not mistaken. You could always ask ted weber for a 50 watt greenback type speaker as well.
Or Scumback, which is a special line that Ted Weber makes for Jim at Southbay Ampworks also makes a greenback clone (which absolutely blows the Celestion reissue away) with different power handlings. Check them out, they're awesome speakers.

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/

The M75 is the one that is a clone of the pre-Rola lead cone Greenback.

Of course there are Ted Weber's own line of speakers as well which are incredible, and there is a set of Mytone specs floating around the net that also do a great pre-Rola Greenback tone, or you could just get Weber's own spec'd Greenback clones.

Either way, these are all superior to Celestion's reissues.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
Holy expensive batman.

Yeah, they're expensive, but consider this...

1) They're pre-Rola clones, so you have to compare them to Celestion's Heritage line (which are the vintage reissues that are actually made in England, not China). And they're still cheaper than the heritage speakers.

2) They sound better than the Celestion Heritage line, and closer to the originals, pretty much eliminating any use for spending $200+ on a Celestion Heritage Greenback (which believe me, is a great speaker, but is overpriced)
interesting. thanks for that. i'll look into those for sure.
Quote by al112987
Yeah, they're expensive, but consider this...

1) They're pre-Rola clones, so you have to compare them to Celestion's Heritage line (which are the vintage reissues that are actually made in England, not China). And they're still cheaper than the heritage speakers.

2) They sound better than the Celestion Heritage line, and closer to the originals, pretty much eliminating any use for spending $200+ on a Celestion Heritage Greenback (which believe me, is a great speaker, but is overpriced)

True, true.

Dammit, now I'm gassing for a new speaker! I really want a new OT as well. O the gas!