Page 1 of 10
Am I the only one who is aware that the whole "Global warming" thing is a lie. Or better put a hoax.

The planet is getting hotter, I'll give em that, but it's a naturally occurring event that happens with time.

In the early 1800's people were freezing to death in New York in the Middle of July.

In like..1910 or some **** people died of heat strokes in Europe in December.

Climate change, it happens.
Well, that is just your opinion. Trust me man, there are several smarter people working on it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yes. You are the only one in the entire world.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Feb 6, 2009,
I guess, I mean we did have an ice age. Global cooling isn't going to be fun though, it's getting up to 43 Celsius in Australia, it was 46 last weekend.

I read somewhere that if we were to cut all our pollution over night and live in caves, we'd slow it by 2%.
Quote by tayroar
Well, that is just your opinion. Trust me man, there are several smarter people working on it.

It's really not just my opinion.

There is a petition that has several thousand signatures on it from scientist from some of the greatest research centers and universities in the world, and it basically says that "Global warming" has nothing to do with human beings or Co2 emissions or anything of the sort.
Yeah man. You're the only one.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by silversoulcage
It's really not just my opinion.

There is a petition that has several thousand signatures on it from scientist from some of the greatest research centers and universities in the world, and it basically says that "Global warming" has nothing to do with human beings or Co2 emissions or anything of the sort.

Yeah but, it just kind of annoys me when people present opinions as fact. If it was fact it wouldn't be disputed. It is opinion.
We are encouraged to cut back our pollution to stop global warming though, so even if it's a lie, it's still a good thing to pollute less.

For another thing, the hole in the ozone layer IS real and IS caused by pollution.
This isn't the type of idea you should stress over unless you have a guilty conscience.

Do the right thing and live the best that you can. We're all going to die at some point, whether it's from global warming, an ailment, old age, or just bad luck.

Do your best to take care of the planet, yourself, and others, and live your life.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by In Somni
I guess, I mean we did have an ice age. Global cooling isn't going to be fun though, it's getting up to 43 Celsius in Australia, it was 46 last weekend.

I read somewhere that if we were to cut all our pollution over night and live in caves, we'd slow it by 2%.

Exactly, did you know what a volcano erupts it pours out more Co2, and sulfur dioxide than mankind could in a million years.

We're not the cause of this. At all.
Quote by silversoulcage
Exactly, did you know what a volcano erupts it pours out more Co2, and sulfur dioxide than mankind could in a million years.

We're not the cause of this. At all.

That's a pretty naive thing to say. I hate to agree with the arrogant soul above, but you really don't seem to have done any type of research on this topic.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
*waits for Kiwi_Ace*
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I agree, we should try to not pollute as much.

It just irks me when Al Gore is like "We all should have to be more conserving with our energy"

And then he jumps into his private jet.
Quote by silversoulcage
Am I the only one who is aware that the whole "Global warming" thing is a lie. Or better put a hoax.

The planet is getting hotter, I'll give em that, but it's a naturally occurring event that happens with time.

In the early 1800's people were freezing to death in New York in the Middle of July.

In like..1910 or some **** people died of heat strokes in Europe in December.

Climate change, it happens.

Unfortunately the Pit is not a place to be pro-religion or anti-popularly accepted science.

I agree that people don't know jack about the whole global warming idea, science is constantly changing and it doesn't seem we'll ever get a straight answer about many things.
Quote by strat0blaster
That's a pretty naive thing to say. I hate to agree with the arrogant soul above, but you really don't seem to have done any type of research on this topic.

Actually, I've done a great deal of research, I just don't feel the need to present it here. Being that it's wicked late and I'm getting lazy from being tired.
Quote by strat0blaster
This isn't the type of idea you should stress over unless you have a guilty conscience.

Do the right thing and live the best that you can. We're all going to die at some point, whether it's from global warming, an ailment, old age, or just bad luck.

Do your best to take care of the planet, yourself, and others, and live your life.

I can agree with this fully.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

What I really don't get is why country's with massive deserts don't just set up miles and miles of solar farms.
Quote by silversoulcage
I agree, we should try to not pollute as much.

It just irks me when Al Gore is like "We all should have to be more conserving with our energy"

And then he jumps into his private jet.

You fool!

His private jet is powered by Manbearpig, who, eveyone knows, produces just about 0 emissions.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Call me Charlie.
Quote by In Somni
What I really don't get is why country's with massive deserts don't just set up miles and miles of solar farms.

Well, which countries have massive deserts? The ones that don't have much money. There is your reason.
Quote by Seryaph
You fool!

His private jet is powered by Manbearpig, who, eveyone knows, produces just about 0 emissions.

That was....

Pretty awesome.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by dudius
Unfortunately the Pit is not a place to be pro-religion or anti-popularly accepted science.

I agree that people don't know jack about the whole global warming idea, science is constantly changing and it doesn't seem we'll ever get a straight answer about many things.

Thank you.

Very glad someone understands my point. Sorta.
Quote by silversoulcage
Thank you.

Very glad someone understands my point. Sorta.

I understand your point and I mostly agree on it, I'm sorry it is just 12:30 and it really bothers me when people present opinion as fact. Opinion is made no more valid with numbers. Remember popular opinion used to be that the earth is flat.
Quote by tayroar
Well, which countries have massive deserts? The ones that don't have much money. There is your reason.

What about the ones that are super-rich from oil?

Also, I'm sure America has some deserts.
Quote by tayroar

Dubai.
Quote by tayroar

Basically.

I mean we could do it in parts of America, and there are a great deal of people working on alternative energy solutions which I think is a great idea.

I just dislike people freaking out over something that really isn't a huge thing to freak out over. It's good to be more conscious of these things as a civilization though.
Quote by dark&broken
Yes, global warming and climate change is a naturally occurring process.

Yes, the human race, in the last century, has sped up the process and made it worse.

I think this is the answer.

But regardless of man's effect on global warming, pollution is disgusting.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by tayroar
I understand your point and I mostly agree on it, I'm sorry it is just 12:30 and it really bothers me when people present opinion as fact. Opinion is made no more valid with numbers. Remember popular opinion used to be that the earth is flat.

I can understand where you're coming from. There really is a great deal of evidence behind what I said. But like you said it's 12:30 and I just don't feel like throwing it all out there.
Quote by In Somni

hell, california has massive deserts, and we have solar farms. the technology isnt yet advanced enough for it to be cost effective or efficient.

and isnt there an actual thread on this, with smart people in it?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1031305&highlight=global+warming
oh, look, there it is. theres a poll and everything. cant a mod sweep this one under the rug for us?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Feb 6, 2009,
Obviously we can't stop it as a whole but doing what we can can't be bad. When the human race eventually dies we can't just say; "Well, the time has come, let's go!".
Quote by Rokeman

The thing about putting up solar panels is that power plants deliver power locally. The United States isn't completely powered from one location.

Even if we put up tons of solar panels, the US doesn't want to pay to create a way to distribute that power. It's a matter of money, and we're already in the ****hole as it is.
Quote by Rokeman

It has the Mojave but we do have miles and miles of solar power there. It also isn't exactly efficient to power a nation as large as the US from the Mojave. We also use the plain's wind as an energy resource, once again, not efficient to run a whole nation. This is a major problem we run into.
TS, I don't agree with you at all. But for some stupid reason, I like you.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by Rokeman

Quote by In Somni
Dubai.

Can anyone think of a reason why countries who make the majority of their money off of oil might not want to see oil replaced by a clean, cheap, alternative energy?

Call me Charlie.
Quote by x_thurston_x
TS, I don't agree with you at all. But for some stupid reason, I like you.

haha umm thanks?
That's because he's not getting angry at everyone disapproving of his opinion as you'd expect to see.
Quote by In Somni
That's because he's not getting angry at everyone disapproving of his opinion as you'd expect to see.

Yeah actually. That's exactly why
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by In Somni

I try to be objective.

yay philosophy degree.

Pointless in the real world haha.