Hey all, I hope this wasn't answered somewhere else, but I really need help now and kind of fast and my search came up empty. Anyway, I've got a SCXD and somebody gave me a Fender GE-412 cab that I want to try with it and both are 8 ohms so that's cool, but I'm not too schooled on the whole mono vs stereo and series vs parallel thing and I don't want to fry my amp.

I know I'm not supposed to go below the minimum impedance and not to exceed max watts, but the cab has 2 inputs in the back and below them it says "parallel inputs" and I'm not sure which one to plug into or if it really matters.

I did plug into the first one for about a minute and it seemed fine, but I have no idea if that's okay as I've heard about situations where people plug mono into stereo and fry their amp over time. Now I'm not even sure, but some of the Harmony Central reviews are saying this cab is a mono cab, but I don't know what that means as far as having two inputs labelled "parallel inputs."

Please lend your expertise. Any help is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!
~JP~
you can plug into either one and it won't matter, they are wired together so you can plug another cab into it.
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by trlrdrmatt
you can plug into either one and it won't matter, they are wired together so you can plug another cab into it.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. . . and it just dawned on me that this is the bottom half of a stack. . . so again thanks. Us combo users need to get out more!
~JP~